Chapter 10: Up and Down

(POV of Harmony)

"Uh.... Harmony?" Daniel says, waking me from my sleep. We had watched the stars last night, and soon I had fallen asleep on his chest.

"H-huh?" I ask, sitting up. He's looking down worriedly at his rib. It looks infected.

"Oh trucks. We need to get you some help--fast." I say. We really do. "At least you can walk."

"Yeah...." We stand up and he winces and puts his hand on his ribs. He puts his arm around me and leans against me.

"Lets go over there." I point to a rocky outlook a ways from the village.

"There's a cave over there." Daniel observes.

"Perfect." I say. We hobble to make our way over there.

(POV of Cierra)

I had a successful fishing night. I fish at night, because thats when all the big fish come. I got three tuna, but two of them are babies. Do you have any idea how BIG they get?!? Luckily, I just carry one. Which is SUPER heavy, and I have to carry it on my back, through the rocks to my shallow cove, which leads into my secret entrance into my shelter. By the time I'm done with this, I'm definitely gonna smell like fish.

I put the fish down on some embers, still glowing from dinner as I wash up in my freshwater stream of water I bathe in. A small shower, if you will...

A change into some extra dry clothes I stole from my unidentifiable classmate's dead body, and some new shoes and socks that I also stole (no judgement, if you would be so kind...), and out of a crevice in the cavern wall I grab a piece of dried fish. The natural light occurring from the cave pools and from holes in the ceiling of the cave provide enough light to see through, work, and, sleep. Its early morning, so thank God I didn't have to drag a GIANT tuna through the dark.

I walk on a large rock shelf as I tug my hand through my hair, pulling out the knots and re-braid it. I can see the small clear pond at the bottom of the shelves that slope upward at as I approach my 2nd story of the cave, I hear soft talking.

I whip out my knife, and as I turn the bend cautiously. Standing twards the back of the cave is a dark figure looming over what apperes to be a sleeping Kayla and Chris. The figure starts chanting some unrecognizable language as its eyes glow electric blue. Its fingers start glowing the same color. It touches Kayla and suddely a wind starts blowing vicously in the cave. A tornado-like spiral surrounds them and I hear louder chanting just above the roar of the wind.

I stand there frozen only able to watch what unfolded infront of me. The figure pulled out a white curved blade and placed the tip on Kayla's forhead and carved a symbol of a star into it. Her eyes open and her forhead starts to bleed profusly. She screams and then all is still, all is quiet. The figure turns to Chris. It touches his forhead and then vanishes. 

I get up and run over to Kayla. The mark on her forhead is gone. I lowered ear to her chest. She was still breathing. She was much smaller than me, so I would able to carry her to the front of the cave. I go over to Chris. I put my hand on his neck, I feel no pulse. A wave if emotion washes over me as I feel the warmth leaving his body. 

I grabbed Kayla and brought her to the cave opening. She was still heavily asleep. I walk out of the cave onto the beach to try to look for Samantha and tell her the bad news. 

(POV of Daniel) 

We get to the cave. Harmony sets me down and starts looking for something to ease the pain. I try my best to think about other things than the searing pain on my side. The pain seemed to be getting the best of me. My head started to feel wierd and my vision was starting to turn black. I started to get so sleepy.