Chapter 14: What.

POV of Daniel

Ouch, my head. Why can't I move. I open my eyes, my vision is blurred. There was a orange and yellow blob that danced and moved with the wind, it was fire perhaps. Slowly my eyes focused on the flames. There was strange symbols in a circle around the fire. I notice the person standing over the fire. A young tribal girl who seemed to be whispering into the fire. I tried to go over to her. I was stuck. I looked up, there was a wooden post that my hands and legs were bound to. Well this sucks. I noticed the other wooden poles around me. Cierra and Zara were next to me. They were both unconscious. I heard footsteps and turned my head. It was Samantha walking with Kayla. What is going on? Kayla lies on the ground. A dark smoke erupts from the fire and Kayla's eyes turn pitch black.

"Samantha. Samantha what is going on?" I ask with a worried tone.

"A sacrifice," she says nonchalantly.

"A WHAT!" I yell.

"Well you see," she says while fixing her messy hair, "I was promised chocolate, and chocolate is life. So, you are tied up and I am not." She walks away before I can say anything. She bends over and picks up a rock.

"What are you doi—" I ask, but the rock comes flying at me and hits my head and my world turns dark.

~~«•••§•••»~~
Pov of Harmony

I creep through the underbrush, trying not to make a sound. I saw Shawiwi and Samantha drag Zara and Cierra through the forest and Kayla trailing behind. I thought it would be good to follow them. I came to a clearing where by the looks of it, a satanic ritual was going on. I crouch down so they can't see me. I watch as they tie up my friends. I notice a familiar face. Daniel!

His hair fell over his face in sweat-soaked strands. The dirt rolls down his face with the beads of sweat creating streaks down his face. I see him stir and open his eyes.

Kayla lies down on the floor and black smoke rises from the fire. What is going on? Daniel starts talking to Samantha, but I can' make out what he is saying. I crawl closer, trying not to make a sound. Samantha says something about chocolate. Why would she be talking about chocolate at a time like this?! And why is she tying people up with Shawiwi? Samantha throws a rock at his head and he is out cold.

Kayla pulls out a white curved blade and a star-shaped wound appears on her forehead. The wound starts to bleed black goo. Shawiwi bows and Samantha does the same. Kayla grinned. I notice her eyes. Pure black eyes?! Oh hell no!

I start to back up, but then a branch snaps under my foot.

"Harmony, so nice of you to join us!" Kayla says. Her voice was deep and almost beast-like. She wasn't even looking at me.

She rises the hand opposite to the one holding the blade and snaps her fingers, suddenly I am tied to the wooden pole Daniel was on. I looked in the middle of the circle. Daniel was standing in the middle of the fire, but he wasn't getting burnt. The black smoke rose again from the fire. It surrounded and engulfed Daniel. I felt my heart jump and I start to panic. Daniel steps out of the fire, his eyes pure black. He grins, revealing sharp fangs instead of teeth. I hear Kayla snicker, then she went into full maniacal laughter. She turns to Shawiwii and Samantha and smiles.

"Thank you," she says in her deep and demonic voice, "the tribe thanks you." In one swift move both their heads topple to the floor. Kayla takes two handfuls of blood from their decapitated necks and smears them all over her. She closes her eyes and whispers in the native language. Her eyes open, and she looks at Daniel.
"Sacrifice for us my son," she says.

Daniel stiffens and stands us straight like he had been brought to life. He walked over to Zara, still unconscious. He lifted up her head and exposed her neck. He brought his mouth close and....Kissed her?!

"You were always the pretty one," he mumbles into her neck. In a flash he bites down. Zara's eyes snap open, but it was too late. Daniel rips out her neck, grinning while doing so. He takes the ripped-up flesh that use to be a neck and threw it into he fire. I hear a sizzling sound and it starts to smell like pork. Shawiwii starts speaking in her language again.

Daniel strides over to Cierra, and without wasting a breath, grabs her by the hair and leans in. I notice she is awake and staring at him. Red spills from her lips as if her intestines had liquified. She made a small painful sound, and the light fled from her eyes.

Shawiwi chants louder and louder. My ears feel more and more pressure.

"AGH!" I scream, "WHAT IS HAPPENING!" A loud ringing envelopes me. My thoughts turn to jelly.

Daniel walks in front of me. He leans so close to my neck and I can feel is breath, hot and dangerous, almost like fire. He made my skin crawl white every breath he took. My heart felt like it could run away without me. He brought his face to mine.

"Remember in the jungle, when we were lying under the stars and you kissed me? Remember the waterfall and the lake? C'mon you have to remember that it wasn't that long ago." I whispered. I hoped that something would snap him out of it, that we could defeat Shawiwii together, and we could figure the rest out as we go. "Danny? Do you remember?"

The darkness fled from his eyes and his eyes returned to the blue orbs I knew.

"Harmony, I need to tell you something." He says with his eyes full of some emotion that I could not recognize.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I kissed you on a dare. I've always thought you were annoying and I'm so happy to be the one who gets to kill you." He says softly. A hot tear flows down my face.

Before I can say anymore, his hand is around my heart, literally. His blue eyes fade into black, and so does my world.

••••§••••

White. There is white all around me. I open my eyes and grimace at the bright light hanging overhead. I feel sandpaper all over my body, and a strange draft. My feet and arms are bound with leather.
A man appears above me. He had black hair and blue eyes.
"Daniel—"
I felt a prick on my wrist, and the room slowly faded into a dark abyss.

AN: *pops out of ground* Heyyyy fellas, ladies, and others! So this chapter was trash yes I know. This whole book is trash. You know what that means? EDITING!!! Yep yep I will fix it and make it better. How long did it take me to write this you ask? About 1 maybe 2 1/2 years. This shows how lazy of a person I am. Anyway, I had fun writing this and thank you to all of my friends and followers who read it. Maybe one day, if requested, I could make a sequel. Anyway, I'm rambling. Bye for now!