Chapter 4: Island of Hope

(POV of Harmony)

I woke up really confused, I had so many questions, Where were we? What happened? When did they get here?.
I sat up slowly and looked around. I was in a small raft with Daniel, Cierra, Samantha, Zara, Kayla, Charlie, and Chris. We were surrounded in water, and by the looks of it, it goes on for miles.

"Look who is awake." Said Charlie who, by the looks of it had a pretty messed up arm. It had a giant scratch over it, and was still bleeding a bit even though they wrapped it up.

My head was throbbing really bad, and I was really thirsty. I looked over at Zara, who seemed to be sleeping on Charlie's shoulder. The I looked at Cierra who was making something out of string and some metal.

"Whatcha making Cierra?"

"A fishing rod, but I have no bait." Said Cierra as she started looking around.

"Would anyone mind if I just took a tiny bit of their flesh for bait?" She asked looking everyone straight in the eye.

"Don't even think about it!" Said Daniel.

"FINE!" Said Cierra with a look of hunger in her eyes as she saw a fish swim by. She lunged for it and got its tail.

"Ha! You will be bait!" She said to it. It wriggled and slipped away form her.

"Oh dag," she mumbled and kept messing with her make-shift fishing rod.

"Hey guys, what's that thing in the distance?" I asked as I spotted this weird looking hump on the horizon.

"THAT'S AN ISLAND!! WE NEED TO GET THERE NOW!!!" Screamed Charlie as he suddenly got up and started to find something to paddle the boat with.

We couldn't find any paddles. We looked and looked, but no luck.

"Why don't we just use these?" I said as I pried a tray table off the back of a floating plane seat.

"Ya, that's a good idea!" Said Kayla as she tried to look for something too.
After about 10 minutes everyone had a tray table, and was helping paddling the boat.

"We need to get there before it gets dark, so let's hurry." said a very sleepy Zara.

"Alright. I hope there's cocoa beans on that island. I can't live without chocolate." Samantha said, while helping to paddle.

«»«»«»«»«»

When we got there, it was about to be sundown. The island was pretty big and was very tropical. In the distance you could hear the shouts of monkeys and the chirping of exotic birds. You could see giant rocky mountains, one looked a bit like a volcano.

"Whoa, what's that thing?" Asked Kayla asked as she pointed at the jungle ahead.

"That is what I like to call, poo flingers." Said Charlie as he started to break out into laughter.

"Hahaha you're SO TOTALLY MATURE CHARLIE!" Said Cierra giving him a scarcastic look. "They are monkeys, Kayla."

"No, not that, THAT!" Said Kayla said as she gestured towards a weird looking rock.
I was about to say something about it, but then I blinked, and it was gone.

"I think dehydration is getting to her head," whispered Chris.

"HEY I HEARD THAT!" She screamed.

"Kayla, I have literally no idea what your talking about." Chris said to her.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME, CHRIS! I HEARD YOU!"

"I don't understand what you mean. If you heard what I said, then what did I say." Chris said with his eyebrow raised.

"Seriously. What?" Cierra added.

"HA! YOU DID SAY SOMETHING ABOUT ME!" Kayla shouted.

"Okay, so now I'M confused." Cierra said. "And Jose Christo, calm down."

"I never necessarily said that I said anything." Chris said.

"UGGGHHHH!"

"That's enough you guys, we need to make a shelter and find food." Said Daniel. "Harmony, Zara, you find food. Chris, Charlie you find fresh water, Kayla, Samantha, and I will stay here and build a shelter. And Cierra, one of the most important jobs: find stuff that we can use for tools or something." Said Daniel.

"Wait. We need someone to scour the wreckage for weapons, food, and junk." Cierra said.

"Right. I'll go with Cierra to hunt and find junk!" Samantha said.

"Cool." Cierra see. "See you people later."

"Meh, seems legit." Said Kayla. She started to look around for something to build with.

"Always remember to stay together, and if you need help just scream really loud." Said Charlie.

"OK PEOPLE, LETS GO WE DONT HAVE ALL DAY!" Said Kayla who was already collecting plam tree leaves down the beach.

"PLUS SINCE IT'S SUNSET ITS NOT EVEN ENOUGH DAY!" Cierra shouted as she walked down the short with Samantha skipping next to her.