Chapter 5: Adventure?

(POV of Cierra)

After we had all walked off from our main wreckage, Samantha and I started to scan the sandy beach for anything useful. Since the sun was setting, I didn't think it would've been the best time to separate, but I just wanted to help.

As Samantha and I walked down the shore, me in my comfy jeans I packed with my sweatshirt and combat boots, and her in hiker-boots, jean shorts, and neon hoodie, we looked for anything useful.

"Hey, Cierra! I'm gonna wade in the water. I think I saw a shiny." Samantha said.

"Okay," I said. "I'll wade over by the outlook."

" 'Kay." She said and started to take off her boots. I did the same, me placing mine next to her.

I walked over the lightly lapping waves, and I dipped my toes in.

Cold, but not unbearable. I thought. How have we not freaked out yet?!? We are stranded on an island. I guess mindless tasks help.

I walked over to the lip of the cave. It smells like ocean in there. But it's dry.

"Hey! Samantha!" I exclaim.

"Uh--yeah?" She asks.

"Come here! I found a place we can camp for the night!" I said.

"Hm. Cool! We should tell the others." She said.

"Took the words right out of my mouth. Um," I look around. "Can you get the others and our stuff so we can stay here. Wasn't our whole purpose to find food and junk?"

"Yeah, good idea. Be right back." Samantha says and runs down the beach back to camp.

I just realized something. I still have my mini-backpack on! Yes! I walk in the cave, to the lightest and driest part of the stone and sit down.

I take out my stuff carefully.

Here's what I got:
-pocket knife (yay!)
-beef jerky (OMG delicious, plus good bait!)
-trail mix (I eat the mnm's out of it)
-rope bracelet (the thick army kind)
-extra socks
-light, thermal wind cardigan
-solar panel portable flashlight

All this stuff is so fabulous, I can't even.

I turn on the flashlight and it's fully charged! I put in the bracelet, pack my stuff up, and run outside. I see our group.

I jump and wave for them, "GUYS! OVER HERE!"

They see me and start running over, the guys dragging the raft. I run over to my shoes and socks and grab them.

"I got a house!" I yelled.

I heard, "Yaas!" And I also heard, "Does it have wifi?" And also a, "Good. I'm tired."

"Yay! We are all here!"