Chapter 12: Kiddnapping

(POV of Harmony)

"We should really head back to camp" I say as I yawn. We had been sitting on a rock on the waters edge making up ghost stories.
"Or, we could...." Daniel looks at me then trails off. I look at him in a peculiar way.

"What were you going to say?" I ask. He looks down and smirks.

"Well, I was thinking maybe you want to sleep here for the night—stupid idea I know."

"Hm, well I guess we could," I say, "The group wouldn't miss us."

"Great, because I don't feel like walking back. Not that I'm lazy or anything, I just need to rest my uh muscles." He says. Daniel starts to "flex" but I tell him to stop so my eyes won't catch on fire.

We lay under the tree canopy watching the stars. I can feel myself drifting away to sleep.

«»§«»§«»§«»«»«»§«»§«»§«»

(POV of Samantha)

I needed to ask some questions from Shawiwi, but I don't know where to find her. She said that they were 'always watching', so I guess she couldn't be far.

It was my turn to be the sleep lookout person, so I waited till they all were fast asleep before heading out. Harmony and Daniel were no where to be seen, but they were probably together wherever they were. Ew. love. feelings. gross.  I crept across the beach and into the forest. I came to a small meadow-like clearing.

"Shawiwi!" I yell-whispered. I looked around and listened for movement of any kind. Nothing.
"Shawiw!" I tried again. This time I heard a rustling from the trees. A figure emerges and hops off the tree.

"Hello Samantha, what do you want." Shawiw ask.

"It's about Kayla, she has been acting strange and not like herself at all." I say with a hint of worry. I look over at Shawiwi who appears to be holding in a laugh.

"Your friend is gone, do yourself a favor and forget about her now." Shawiwi says with an evil grin. I didn't say anything. She had been my friend for a while.

Shawiwi seemed to notice my silence. She seemed to get an idea.

"I need you to do a new task now." She says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"If you follow the North Stream, the stream you get water from, upriver you will eventually hit a waterfall and a small lake. Harmony and Daniel are there. I need you to make sure he stays asleep while grab him. I'll meet you there." And with that Shawiwi disappears into the dark forest.

I sigh.

«»§«»§«»§«»«»«»§«»§«»§«»

I arrive at the waterfall only to see Harmony sleeping in Daniels arms. Again, ew love. I silently tiptoe over to them. I gently push Harmony out of Daniels embrace. She flinches from the sudden lack of warmth. I hold my breath. She seems to settle down and sleep again.

Shawiwi said to make sure he is asleep, but how? I try to think of a way when suddenly, I see Daniels eyes start to open. I start to panic. Luckily I wasn't in his line of vision. I picked up a rock and flung it at his head. Ouch, but it worked.

Shawiwi came down from the trees and looked at me approvingly. Two tribe other members came from the forest, lifted him off the ground, and carried him away into the night.

An:
Hey look at that I updated! Sorry it was short. It'll be longer next time. Bai!