Chapter 23

Spring break ended and they boys' parents left for yet another business trip. School started back up and Chan was currently walking to his locker to meet up with Jeongin and Seungmin. Chan was glowing. Him and Felix were getting along amazingly which was nice. It felt great to not fight with him for a change. 

"Where have you been all break man?" Jeongin frowned while hitting Chan in his shoulder lightly. 

"Yeah, man. It's like you went completely M.I.A on us." Seungmin pouted. 

"Ah, I'm sorry guys. I had a lot of stuff going on at home. I would've texted, but I let other things get ahead of me. I promise I still love you guys." Chan reassured with a bright smile. Chan watched as Felix and his friends walked up to the group of boys. He looked at them with a confused look. 

He looked even more confused when he saw Hyunjin wrap his arm around Jeongin. "Hey, baby." He spoke while gently kissing the younger boy on the lips. Jeongin blushed a deep red, smiling lovingly at the taller boy. "When did this happen?" Chan questioned. "W-well... A lot happened during spring break." Jeongin said shyly. 

"We tried telling you, but you were too busy." Seungmin scoffed. Chan gave Felix a knowing look and blushed a soft shade of pink. "I'll make it up to you guys. Let's get some coffee together after school?" Chan smiled. Felix watched his older brother reason with his nerd squad. He didn't pay attention to much. He was lost in a trance, staring at his brother's handsome features. 

"What? So are we all buddy buddy now just because Hyunjin is dating a member of the nerd squad?" Minho spoke coldly. Felix snapped out of his trance and rolled his eyes. "You don't have to be all buddy buddy with them, but for Hyunjin's sake we can at least pretend to like them" Felix said while eyeing the new couple. 

"Whoa since when did you become soft, Lix?" Jisung spoke while clinging onto Minho. 

"Just shut it. I don't like the petty drama anymore, so I'd rather not partake in it." Felix softly spoke before walking off. Jisung and Minho looked at each other with shocked looks on their faces. They stayed quiet and followed behind the boy closely. "See you after class?" Hyunjin asked his boyfriend. Jeongin smiled and nodded before kissing the taller boy's cheek. Hyunjin smiled lovingly at Jeongin and ran to catch up with his friends. 

Chan watched Felix's small frame walk down the hall. He felt his heart skip a beat when his brother turned around and gave Chan a soft smile before walking to his first period. "Let's go to class." Chan smiled and walked to first period which he so conveniently had with Jeongin and Seungmin.  

-

Lunch had rolled around and Jeongin had requested that they all sit at the same table together. Jeongin sat next to Hyunjin. Obviously Jisung and Minho sat next to one another. Felix took a seat next to Minho, Chan sitting next to him, and Seungmin sitting next to Chan. There was one seat left at the table, which Chan could only presume would be filled by Changbin, but the boy has been no where to be seen all day. 

Chan could only presume Changbin was still trying to recover from what happened spring break. He understood how the boy felt. As much as he couldn't stand him, he sympathized with him. "Great. We are sitting with them now." Minho said while rolling his eyes. 

"Shut it." Felix said while lazily playing with his salad. 

"Whatever. I guess Changbin still hasn't gotten over what happened." Minho spoke while peeling his orange and taking a bite of it. "I guess not." Felix shrugged. 

"You still never told us about the guy who gave you those hickies." Jisung said while giggling. Chan felt his whole face heat up. He looked at Felix who looked completely unphased. "It doesn't matter who gave them to me." Felix responded softly. 

"I mean was he at least good?" Minho asked. Chan felt like his body was on fire. He waited eagerly to hear Felix's response. The question had seemingly made Felix crack a little bit, because there was a slight blush on his cheeks. "I don't kiss and tell." Felix said while giggling softly. 

"Aww, look at our little Lixxie get flustered! He must be pretty good if he's got you of all people blushing." Jisung said, laughing obnoxiously. Felix gave Chan a quick little glance, nervously biting his lip before looking back at his best friends and laughing softly. "Oh, you have no idea." Felix said, causing Chan's heart to race. Felix was definitely going to get it tonight. 

"And you Chan. Don't think we also haven't noticed your slight mood change." Seungmin said while looking towards Jeongin's direction. All eyes were on him now. He swallowed a lump in his throat and scratched the back of his neck nervously. 

"W-what do you guys mean?" Chan said while trying to play it off cool. 

"Don't 'what do you mean' us, Chan. You're hiding something from us." Seungmin said while rolling his eyes. Chan observed all the eyes on him. All of them were looking at him questionably, except for Felix. He kept his head down, pretending to be asleep. 

"How exactly has he been acting?" Jisung asked, putting his two cents in where it didn't belong. 

"I don't know how to explain it, but he's been avoiding me and Seungmin all summer, and he has a weird glow about him." Jeongin said innocently. 

"Weird glow, huh?" Minho said while cocking an eyebrow. Chan didn't expect to get interrogated today. He looked at Felix, hoping the boy would come to his rescue, but he kept his head down in order to block them all out. 

"The weird glow, ignoring you guys, and the guilt on his face currently says it all.  Hmm... Seems to me that the leader of your virgin squad is no longer a virgin!" Jisung shouted out loudly, causing people to look in their direction. "K-keep your voice down!" Chan said. 

"Y-you're not a virgin anymore?!" Jeongin asked in shock. 

"I-I was going to tell you guys, but it slipped my mind." Chan nervously said. Felix was now up, resting his head on his palm. He observed all the boys closely with a bored look on his face. Seungmin rolled his eyes and scoffed at Chan. "So much for being best friends and never keeping secrets." He spat before picking up his things and storming out of the cafeteria. 

"Damn. What's up with that dude?" Jisung said while stuffing some food into his mouth and cheeks, creating the appearance of a squirrel.  If it wasn't one thing it was another. Chan sighed, already thinking of ways to apologize to Seungmin and Jeongin. They all made a promise to each other years ago to never keep secrets. Chan broke their number one golden rule. 

"I'll see you guys later." He spared Felix and Jeongin a small smile. Chan sighed and got up, throwing his trash away and following behind Seungmin. Chan ran down the main hallway to see Seungmin sitting on the floor on his phone. Chan sat down next to him sighing loudly. "Can I explain?" Chan questioned. 

Seungmin rolled his eyes before nodding. "I was going to tell you and Jeongin, but I was honestly afraid of letting you guys know. I knew you guys were going to ask who I lost it to, which I sadly cannot tell you." Seungmin raised a brow in question, "Why not?" Chan sighed before continuing. 

"I-I promised the person I wouldn't tell anybody." Chan lied. He never promised Felix, but telling people that he lost his virginity to his step brother was obviously not something to go around sharing. Seungmin sighed and nodded in understanding. "I'll forgive you, but don't ever keep things from us again. We are all best friends. We can't trust each other if we are all lying and hiding things from one another." Chan just nodded and pulled the boy into a hug. 

Chan felt guilty deep down, because even after all this, he was still technically hiding the truth from his best friends. Chan nervously bit his lip before pulling away and putting on a fake smile. He could never tell anybody about him and Felix. Nobody could know, or it would be the end for them both. Chan would carry this secret to his grave. He promised himself that.