Chapter 25

Chan and Felix were sitting down in the living room, talking to one another while watching Deadpool. They stopped when they heard a knock on the door. "Who could it be at this time of night?" Chan questioned. Felix just shrugged and pulled out his phone to watch TikToks. 

Chan opened the door and was greeted by Jeongin. The boy looked very nervous and uncomfortable for some reason? "Jeongin? What are you doing here so late?" Chan questioned. Chan opened the door further, gesturing for him to come inside. 

Jeongin nervously stepped inside, jumping once he saw Felix sitting on the couch. Jeongin had always been afraid of Felix. He has been for as long as he's known Chan. "What's going on?" Chan asked, voice laced with concern. 

"W-well, I spoke with Hyunjin and he told me I should just face the problem head on, so here I am doing just t-that." Jeongin said, keeping his eyes glued onto the ground. Felix gave him a look of disgust. "Why is your friend being so weird?" He asked in a rude tone. Jeongin jumped once he heard Felix's voice. 

'I-I heard you guys!" Jeongin shot out quickly. Felix and Chan both raised a brow in confusion. "What are you talking about?" Felix asked. 

"I-I heard you guys having sex in the boys' bathroom earlier today!" Jeongin looked up to see Chan with a look of horror plastered onto his face. All the color drained from his face. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. Felix looked mildly concerned, putting his phone away and listening closely. 

"I decided that I wanted to wait for you to leave the bathroom so that I could be sure you actually were okay since I was worried. I sat down next to the door in the hallway. It-it was after I sat down when I started hearing moans..." Jeongin nervously bit at his lip before continuing, "I was thinking maybe it was some random person you were with, but it was just you and Felix who walked out of the bathroom." Jeongin nervously giggled. "I even checked all the stalls to make sure I wasn't crazy." 

"J-Jeongin..." Chan said, desperately trying to think of a good thing to say. 

"I-I'm crazy, right? You aren't having sex with your brother, right?" Jeongin said, tears forming in his eyes. He loved Chan and cared deeply for his best friend. He didn't want to think that Chan was some disgusting monster. Felix scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

"Chan. Did you ever tell Jeongin and Seungmin that we are actually step brothers?" Jeongin looked up from his lap still crying. "Step brothers?" Jeongin questioned. Felix got up and slapped Chan as hard as he possibly could. "You fucking idiot!" Felix screamed. "W-what?!" Chan shot back. 

"You spent this whole time being friends with those dweebs, and you never once told them that we aren't actually blood related?" Felix scoffed once more, "As if I'd be blood related to an idiot like him!" Felix shouted towards Jeongin. 

Jeongin flinched at the loudness of Felix's voice. "Hey, don't yell at him." Chan said while going up to Jeongin to comfort him. He aggressively shook his head and pushed Chan away. "You guys are lying to me. You just don't want people to know! Y-you aren't step brothers!" 

"Who does this little shit think he is?!" Felix said. 

"Lix, calm down. Yelling won't make this situation any better." Felix rolled his eyes and sat back down on the couch. "Jeongin, we can prove it to you. We can call our parents, show you our IDs with our legal names, and even our birth certificates." Chan reassured. 

"Why would we go through all that effort just to make him believe us? The loser isn't worth all of that time and effort." Felix said while pouting. "It's either that, or I lose my best friend. My best friend who could go around and tell others about us, and basically ruin us if he wanted to. Are you willing to take that chance, baby?" Jeongin cringed at his pet name for his brother.  

"Even if it's true... You guys are still legally related, even if it's not by blood." Jeongin softly spoke. Felix gritted his teeth in anger. "Chan! Fix this before I snap!" Felix said, stuffing his head under a bunch of pillows. 

"Let's go upstairs and talk in a more quiet environment." Chan suggested, glaring in Felix's direction. Felix glared back and rolled his eyes. Jeongin nodded and followed Chan up to his room to talk to his best friend about everything. 

"So first and foremost I am sorry for him treating you like that. I'll be sure to chew his head off about it later." Chan said, offering a small smile to his friend. Jeongin relaxed a bit, offering a small smile back in return. 

"Me and Felix are brothers by law yes. We are not brothers by blood. His mom married my dad back when I was 7 and he was 6." Chan said, looking at his friend to make sure he was listening. "The reason why I left out the step brother part was because I always view Felix as if he was my blood brother." Jeongin cringed in disgust. 

"All the way up until now?" Jeongin asked. 

"Definitely not. My feelings towards him changed back in middle school, right after I met you and Seungmin. I started to develop feelings for him when we were little. I often ignored them, because I knew how taboo it would seem to others if they found out. I turned those feelings into a hatred towards him, which is why you would see us always fight." Jeongin listened intently. 

"Within the last couple years, Felix started coming onto me, and it only just recently got worse within the last couple months. He took my virginity, I fell in love with him, simple." Chan spoke softly. "I can show you whatever proof you need to assure you that me and Felix are most definitely not blood related." Jeongin sighed. 

"I'm just surprised. Felix of all people?" Jeongin questioned. Chan laughed softly and nodded his head. "I know, right?" 

"You love him?" Jeongin asked in a serious tone. 

"Yes. I love him a lot." Chan responded confidently. 

"I trust you. As long as he treats you good and doesn't do what he did to those other losers to you, I'll be okay." Jeongin pulled him into a hug. 

"Please don't tell this to anybody else. You mentioned Hyunjin earlier. Did you tell him?" Chan questioned, worry laced in his voice. 

"I just told him something bad happened and I didn't know what to do is all. He knows nothing." Jeongin reassured. 

"Thank you." Chan smiled. 

"Do you want to spend the night since it's already 1AM?" Chan suggested. "Is Felix going to murder me in my sleep?" Jeongin questioned. Chan just laughed and smiled at the boy. "He wouldn't do such a thing. Trust me when I tell you that boy is as intimidating as a chihuahua." 

"I heard that!" Felix screamed from down the hallway. 

"Goodnight, Lixxie!" Chan cooed. 

Chan was truly thankful for Jeongin. He was happy with how his life was going. Him and Felix were doing great, he made new friends, and his grades were perfect. Things seemed great. Maybe even a little too good to be true.