Part 14

The next morning at 7:00am Grindelwald awoke to Felix attempting to make breakfast. He was banging and crashing all over the kitchen. He was dropping pots, pans, knives and forks all over the floor. He was also listening to a radio broadcast, a French one. 

"La prochaine chanson que nous ecouterons sera... The next song we will listen to will be..." Said the radio presenter.

"Oui oui oui... I love this song."

"What are you doing at this time?" Yelled Gellert over the radio.

"I am making a meal for us."

Gellert walked over to the radio and turned it off. "Stop making so much noise." Gellert grumbled and walked out of the kitchen and up to his bedroom. 

"Stop being mean..." Felix walked over to the radio and turned it back on.

He was yet to sleep in his own room since being here seen as he slept on the sofa last night. His room looked like his old room at his castle. Gellert still missed Sarah, the truth was, he was only being mean to Felix cause he was upset at himself for letting Sarah leave and also at Sarah for acting so dramatic over a joke. He laid down on his bed and looked up at the ceiling and sighed. He wondered what Sarah would be doing right now, wherever she was. Maybe she was also thinking of him? Maybe she missed him as much as he missed her? Maybe she wasn't that far away after all? Maybe she was also in Greece? But none of that really mattered because either way, the pair of them were still apart and they were supposed to be getting married in the New Year.

After a while there was a knock at Gellert's bedroom door. It was Felix. Holding a bowl of food.

"Hello Monsieur, I have food for you." Felix walked in and placed a bowl of breakfast of Gellert's bedside table. 

The contents of the bowl looked healthy, it looked like yogurt, honey and nuts. Gellert knew that people ate a lot of healthy food in Greece so it made sense.

Gellert sat up and picked up the bowl. "Thank you Felix. Where did you get these things?"

"I woke up in the middle of the night and went for a walk, I found myself at a little market so I spent the rest of my money on fruit and vegetables."

"Alright, I'll write a letter to some people I know named Mildred and Oris and I'll tell them to bring us food from now on."

"Oui Monsieur." Felix left the room.

Gellert had a few mouthfuls of yogurt, honey and nuts and then started writing a note to Mildred and Oris.

It said:

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓞𝓻𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓜𝓲𝓵𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭,𝓘'𝓶 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓝𝓪𝔁𝓸𝓼, 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓬𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓲𝓰 𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓼. 𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓸𝓭. 𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓭 𝓕𝓮𝓵𝓲𝔁 𝓟𝓲𝓮𝓻𝓻𝓮 𝓒𝓱𝓮𝓿𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓽. 𝓑𝔂𝓮. -𝓖𝓖𝓟.𝓢 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓪 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓭.

Gellert remembered that due to not having his wand, he couldn't make a bird carry his letter to Mildred or Oris. Gellert decided to go onto the top floor of his house and stand on the balcony and hold the letter up in the air.

He then remembered that seen as Gellert is their Master, he could summon them here anyway.

Gellert summoned his friends but they didn't come. It must have been because he had no wand. Gellert sighed.

Felix walked over to him. "What are you doing?"

"I need to send this letter but I can't do anything without a wand...Can I borrow yours?"

"Oui."

Felix passed his wand to Gellert who pointed it up in the air and captured a passing bird. It was a Dove.

"Here, take this to Oris and Mildred." Gellert put the letter into the birds mouth and let it fly away.

Gellert gave Felix his wand back and the pair of them went downstairs together.

                                                                       *

Meanwhile in Mykonos, Sarah was eating her own breakfast along with Richard. Richard wasn't really eating breakfast though, he was just rubbing it all over his face.

"Richard, Please only put the food in your mouth not all over your face..."

After Sarah ate her breakfast she took Richard out of his highchair and took him to the bathroom for a bath. She took his shirt off, his shorts and his nappy and put him in the bath. Sarah still didn't really know anything about babies. She just kind of made it up as she went along. So far the baby was doing well, he slept all through the night from 9:00pm till 7:00am which was pretty good considering the jetlag and that he was sleeping with Sarah in her room as she didn't have a baby bed for him.

After Richard's bath Sarah wrapped him up in a cute little blue towel and dried him off. While she was doing this, Lexi the cat started to meow.

"Hello, Lexi. Look how nice, clean and handsome Richard is now."

Lexi meowed again and ran out of the room.

When Sarah dried Richard, she realised that she only had 1 outfit for him. The same outfit he went missing in and slept in. She decided that she needed to buy some clothes with him but with what money? She gave Gellert her money and he spent it all on baby food and nappies. Sarah realised that she would need to get a job if she was going to raise her baby alone and without asking Mildred or Oris as this would make it obvious that her and Gellert had broken up.

She quickly decided to wash Richard's shirt and shorts and only dress him in a nappy for now. She then made sure that Lexi's food bowl was full and left to find a cheap shop or a job. Greece looked even more prettier in the morning as it did in the evenings. The sun was blazing, it was currently 23 degrees Celsius, this made it difficult to for Sarah and Richard, France wasn't as warm as this. After a 10 minute walk, Sarah found herself in a little city centre market. There wear loads of different market stalls selling all sorts of things. Some were selling fruit and vegetables, some where selling clothes and jewellery and some were selling kids things. Although a lot of the stuff was cheap it wasn't cheap enough, Sarah had zero money.

After a while she saw a poster attached to a door. The sign was in Greece but Sarah recognised some words such as 'Δουλειά' which mean work. 

Sarah decided to knock on the door and walk in. The shop looked like a little corner shop but instead of food being on the shelves there was bits of wool, thread, knitting needles and different types of fabrics. Sarah walked over to the counter and there was a old lady sat behind it knitting and chewing what looked like gum.

"Hello." Sarah said.

The old lady just looked at her while chewing.

Sarah looked up and saw a map of the world on the wall. She walked over to it and pointed to England.

"I. AM. ENGLISH! ARE. YOU?"

The lady ignored her.

Sarah sighed and went to leave but then the front door opened. It was a younger woman, maybe in her 30s, she also had a little baby with her.

"Geiá sou mamá... Hello mother." The lady said walking over to her mum and kissing her on the head.

The old lady kept looking at Sarah, the younger lady started looking too.

"Hi. I'm English, I'm in need of a job."

Both Greece ladies looked at each other then back at Sarah.

"Nomízo óti thélei douleiá... I think she wants a job." Said the younger lady to her mother.

"Kalós...good." The old lady stood up and went to the back of the shop. When she returned she passed Sarah an old apron and a bag with knitting and sewing stuff in it. 

"Kalós...good." The old lady said again as she sat down behind the counter again.