Seventeen

Yet another #drabblerequest for one of my favs!

Can you do one on how Naruto or Hinata (depends on who you think would be more forward) initiated their first time?

They stood at the gates to her home, saying goodbye.

She was on her toes, arms around his neck, and she always felt bad that he needed to lean down so low to kiss her.

She'd apologized to him many times during their early days of dating, but he'd brushed it off.

Cheeks pink, he'd said, "You know, it feels good that I have to. Makes me realize how tall I've gotten since we were all at the academy together."

And Hinata could only smile back at him because he was obviously so proud of being one of the taller shinobi in their class now that they were adults.

Besides, a tiny feminine part of her loved their height difference, too. She liked looking up at him when they were together.

But she did wonder how it would feel to be looking down at him sometimes...

And when she'd brought it up with Ino and the girls, Ino had laughed and batted her long eyelashes playfully. "You know, Hinata, there is a way."

"On top?!" she'd screeched with helpless embarrassment after she heard Ino's explanation.

"So you guys haven't done it then," Sakura said in a dry tone. Tenten was nodding.

Hinata shook her head. "We're waiting."

The silence that greeted her statement was expressive: For what?

But the girls hadn't pressed. They'd dropped the topic and changed the subject, talking instead of Sasuke being back in the village, of Lee's upcoming birthday, of Sai's crop tops that seemed to be getting shorter and shorter, exposing those toned abs.

All the while Hinata thought about being on top because she couldn't get the images out of her head.

Of Naruto.

Of her.

Being on top.

Of him.

But.

They were waiting.

Waiting.

For what?

She wasn't sure. It had just happened.

Both of them were hesitant to bring up the subject. At least Hinata knew she was. He hadn't, either, which surprised her because she'd been sure it was the one topic Naruto would definitely be most curious about.

Instead, he'd said nothing in the months they'd been dating.

But sometimes, it slipped into the way he would suddenly press her close, so hard, against his body, and she would feel something against her belly that made her knees weak.

Or the way he lingered so long over their good-bye kisses that she felt so dizzy when he finally pulled back.

Still, Naruto never said anything.

Even tonight, when his hands had wandered all over her body, exploring subtly during their date, he never said anything, she thought as she brought herself back to the present.

She was saying goodbye for the hundredth time to him.

Hinata looked up at him and smiled hesitantly. His own smile was just as unsure when he looked at her.

Suddenly, it didn't seem enough anymore just to kiss him.

So many good-bye kisses between the two of them.

How would it feel to kiss him in the dark, when they didn't need to stop?

They were waiting, though.

For what?

She didn't have an answer, but Hinata suddenly felt like she was done waiting.

She reached for his hand and took a deep breath. "Naruto. I-I'm free tomorrow morning."

His hand gripped hers tightly and the frown on his face did nothing to dim the flare of hope on his face. "Hinata?"

She didn't break his gaze even when she felt her face heat up. "I don't want to go inside."

His swift intake of breath was audible, and Hinata was glad he was getting the message.

His face was just as flushed as hers. "Do you want to come home with me?"

She smiled with relief and nodded. "I would love to."

"Really?" he whispered, still unable to believe it.

"Yes," she said.

The first of many that night.