Sixty-seven

I have a fluffy NaruHina drabble request! Can you make one about Naruto and Hinata being carefree under the rain outside Naruto's old apartment? It's a headcannon of mine where Naruto impulsively asks Hinata to marry him. No ring and all, just pure love (and spontaneity on Naruto's part) ️

"Hinata! Wait up!"

There was an answering laugh and a shriek of surprise as thunder rumbled and pierced the sky. The rain kept a steady downfall, and the two of them ran towards his apartment.

It was in the middle of their date and they were heading home after having eaten. The sudden downpour had caught both of them unaware because the weather reports had mentioned nothing about it.

Considering they'd just eaten ramen, Hinata made slow progress because she was still so full and didn't want to get a stomachache. He, meanwhile, was taking his time because he didn't mind getting caught in the rain. What's the point now? His shirt was already soggy and wet.

Plus, it was nice looking at Hinata's silhouette from behind, the rain plastered her wet clothing to her body. He could see everything, the hourglass shape of her waist and hips, the rounded curves of her butt. His hands were itching to squeeze.

Naruto grinned to himself even as he jogged slowly to catch up.

"Hinata," he said as he grabbed her suddenly and twirled her around.

"Naruto!" she shrieked even as she convulsed into laughter. Her hand swatted playfully at his arm, trying to get him to release her, but he only hugged her tighter and did one more spin.

She was laughing and his chuckle was pressed against her ear when he finally stopped spinning them around.

His hair was plastered to his head, and she reached up to fluff it. He shook his head and sent drops of water through the air. She smiled at him even through the rain.

She knew her hair was a mess and she reached up to push the stray locks away from her eyes.

"Why'd you stop?! We're both a mess! We're only a few blocks away from your place." Hinata grabbed her wet blouse and smiled at him. "I want to get these clothes off and change into a dry t-shirt."

He didn't release her, only grinned at her. "Nah, it was so hot today so all this rain is good. It's cooling me off. I'd rather be out here."

He looked at her again, noting that despite the cool rain, her cheeks were flushed and she was smiling at him, looking so happy.

He felt again the rush of euphoria, the giddiness that gripped him every time he realized that Hinata was his.

Wouldn't it be nice to know that she wouldn't have to go home later?

She could stay with him tonight.

Maybe forever.

Forever.

"Hinata, let's get married," he suddenly blurted out, surprising even himself because he didn't know where they came from.

But the words didn't feel wrong.

Especially since she'd clearly heard him, her eyes and mouth were open in surprise and she blinked rapidly as if she was trying to understand what he'd just said.

But still, her answer was clear as she hugged him back and shouted, "Yes!"

And the heavens opened up again just as a blast of lightning caught them unaware and they both jumped in surprise.

Hinata gave a shriek and grabbed at him. Naruto was only too happy to pick her up into his arms. They were still too far away from his apartment, but he was going to get them home safely.

This time, he sprinted while he held her tight against him.

He found himself suddenly buoyed by the joyful feeling bubbling in his heart. He looked down at Hinata, who was smiling back at him.

When he got home, he was going to make love to this woman who he'd impulsively asked to be his wife.

But she'd said yes, and he knew she was never going to take the words back.