Forty-seven

But I would like to see how you're going to write a situation wherein Sasuke's showing interest in Hinata in his subtle ways and Naruto's in denial (or oblivious) he's in love with Hinata but couldn't quite control his jealousy or perhaps, tensed over the matter

plus

Hi there! Can I request a drabble where Sasuke is jealous of naruhina/naruto bc he feels some sort of attraction to Hinata? Maybe Naruto realizes it and feels some type of way 👀 idk lol but I'm very fond of this trope/dynamic for some (perhaps malevolent) reason.

"Sasuke!"

Somebody was softly calling his name and Sasuke turned around only to be startled to see the figure running toward him.

Hinata Hyuuga.

He waited for her to reach his side and wondered what it was she wanted from him.

He watched the dark hair stream behind her and noticed how long it had gotten since the last time he'd seen her. The last time he'd laid eyes on her, they'd been at the chuunin exams and she'd been battling her cousin.

After that, he'd been delirious right after his fight with Naruto and had only hazy memories of her coming in and out of his hospital room. And even those images were suspect because he didn't really know if she'd really been the one visiting. But he'd heard from Naruto and Sakura that she'd been volunteering at the hospital and helping out. He guessed that part of her job had been to check up on the recovering patients.

That was really kind of her.

Hinata finally reached his side and he remained silent because he didn't really know what to say to her. Even saying hello to her seemed strange because he just didn't know her or interact much with her.

But she smiled at him and the lavender eyes were bright and luminous, making him suddenly aware that she was a remarkable beauty with her quiet ways.

Quiet and subtle. That's all he remembered of her.

"Thanks for stopping to hear me out, Sasuke," she said a little breathlessly.

She smiled briefly and then took her time to recover her breath. She had a light breathy voice that was very different from Sakura's, he noticed. Not better, not worse, but definitely different.

But everything about them was different.

Hinata Hyuuga.

This girl, he knew, was devoted to Naruto. That much he understood about her, and it was something he could admire about her.

She was reaching into the bag she carried in her hand. She took out a small, round canister and thrust it at him. "This is for you."

"For me?" he asked, completely flabbergasted. What could she possibly give him that he needed?

She nodded. "Yes. I heard you were setting off on a journey and I wanted to give you some of our family's ointment to help with your arm. I checked with Sakura and she said it should help you heal faster and prevent any infections on your wound."

Oh.

That was very kind of her.

But Sasuke was silent. It was an unlooked-for kindness from somebody he barely knew.

"Why are you giving this to me?" he asked, almost rudely. And he inwardly cringed for his unpleasant tone, but he didn't really mean it. He was just surprised and even a little bit touched by this unexpected good will from someone who should rightly hate him.