Long Night

P.o.v.
(Y/n)

I enjoy the dark, quiet sky of the night, as I deeply inhale it's chilly breeze from the window. Tonight it has finally come. The day monsters were freed. I can only imagine how much people have waited for it.

And I'm lucky enough to have the chance of taking part. I plan to make the most of tonight, so of course, I need to look at my best.

I present myself in a mirror wearing a pretty expensive (F/C) smoking, with the shoes of a mature man.

"You got this man. You got this." Adjusting my ribbon, a small laugh escapes my lips as I tell myself other silly inspirational quotes. "Just try not to make an embarrassment of yourself. Don't stand out more than you have to... No. Do stand out. Show these people- Err, monsters who you are. Who (Y/n) really is. Make them, your friends, your girlfriend acknowledge... My girlfriend."

As if a thunder hit me, I immediately realized that I still haven't sorted out things with Chara. Since our little argument from when we returned out of the Underground I haven't read seen her. She hasn't even come to school anymore. And her siblings haven't told me anything about how she feels either.

...

I shake my head. "Bah, I guess I'll have a long night then. This is important, so Chara will probably come too." A small smile rises on my face. "I'll apologize for my ignorance."

Ah, but what am I even saying anyway? Since I'm one of the only humans around, I probably won't be ignored. I doubt it.

»»»»»»

Wow. They really went all out with decorations for the school. Only outside there are already more balloons and lights than I can count. Honestly, it looks as if Papyrus is the one who made them.

Really, this entire sighting seems like the kind of place you'd see in those Disney ball movies.

As I walk insides, talking glares of wonder left and right, the entire place is all sparkling with celebration. And judging by the music that gets louder and louder every step I take towards the gym hall, or for tonight the ballroom, I take a guess the party already started.

And as I make my way into the said place, I meet a festive sight to be seen.

The blinding, shining disco ball spinning and filling the room with it's light, matching music, and I didn't think it was possible, but even more decorations than outside.

Monsters more than I could count were across the entire dance floor, everyone seeming to have so much fun.

...The DJ is a ghost with helmets. And what seems to be a robot version of Justin Bieber dancing next to him on a large stage, many others playing him more attention than rather dancing themselves.

I don't know why I'm surprised anymore, to be honest. I've seen more than a fair share of things... Out of common since I'm here. And I've been here for like, a few months.

Ah, but what I was looking for finally comes into my sight, as I see Toriel talking to an energetic Frisk.

As I close in the distance, I notice how rather than party clothes, or what you'd expect for this occasion, they both were wearing rather formal clothing. Except for Kris, who stuffing his mouth with snacks as if he hadn't eaten in centuries. Accompanied by Susie, of course. Are they having some sort of eating contest?

"(Y/n)!"

Ah, but before I could go get some snacks myself (because I'm worried they might actually end up eating everything,) the human girl takes notice of my presence.