Visiting past places Part 1: to the Underground!

(Y/n)
P.o.v

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming, the sun is shining and the sky is clear. On days like these kids like me...

...are stuck in Seven Cruel hours of our life. Also known as school. Hey, at least it's the last period. And on top of it, It's friday! So we have the weekend to ourselves.

"Now, a-as you all know, soon enough the school will be hosting a party to celebrate freedom d-day." Said the teacher.

"Wait, freedom day? What's that?" I asked raising my hand. Everyone then either gasped, either stared at me. Even Asriel gave me a questioning look.

"W-W-WHAT? You don't know what's freedom day?"

"Umm, no...."

"H-how? Everyone knows about it! I-I know you recently came to this town b-but still someone should've told you..."

Kris sighed, and turned to face me. "Once a year, the monsters celebrate the day of 15 September, as it's the day a human child came down in the Underground made peace with the monsters, and broke the magic barrier that kept them imprisoned after centuries. That day was named freedom day, because of it. It's basically our own independence day, but more... modern."

"Oh, I see! Thank you Kris."

"A-anyway, someone will have to make the preparations for the celebration. Who would like to volunteer?" The teacher asked.

.............................................................

.............................................................

............................................................

"A-anyone? Umm, ple-please?"

.............................................................

"C-come on! It's no-"

The bell rang, and everyone ran out of the classroom as fast as they could, Including me, Chara, Kris, and even Frisk.

»»»»»»»

"Man, thank god the bell saved us. For a second I thought I was gonna have to work." Kris said, his voice actually having a small hint of relieve.

"Pff, if it was you the one to do it, then we might as well just forget about the whole thing." Told Chara.

"By the way Frisk, how was in the Underground?" I asked curious. Truth be told, I kept wondering how the place the monster kind has been held captive was of quite a while now. Was it that bad? Were they suffering so much that it would justify their horrible plan to escape?

"You know, in the underground was awesome! There was a place where it was always winter, spiders who sell pastries, magnificent places to see, and countless games and puzzles to play!" Judging by what she says, seems like not... Wait a minute, I just realized!

"Hey Frisk... HOW did you said you broke the barrier more exactly? You never mentioned it.

"Oh... How I did it?... well,umm. You see hehe..." Her voice was very shy, and a drop of sweat run down at the back of her head. It's almost as if... she wouldn't want to tell me.

"(Y/n) how would you like to visit the underground?" Chara asked, completely distracting me from the question.

"WAIT, we can just go like that, No rules, no restictions?"

"Umm, yes. There are a few restrictions about it thought. Of course, they have covered the hole Frisk fell in. But the gates are still available, and people are allowed to go. Some of the monsters even remained there!" My girlfriend said, filling me with excitement.

"Then what are we waiting for? LET'S GO!" I yelled filled with energy.

"Well, If we are going, I'm gonna have to tell mom about it. Not to mention how Kris and Frisk are not coming." Chara stated.

"WHAT?!" The both of them yelled at the same time.

"(Y/n),sweetie, can I please have a chat with my brother and sister, you know, alone?" Chara asked, I nodded my head and walked away.

Chara
P.o.v

As (Y/n) was walking away, I turned my glare to the two humans who were impatiently awaiting for an explanation as to why they cannot come with us in the Underground. "First, I want to thank you for help back there." Frisk started. "But I think we all know, that eventually we have to tell him about the barrier, since he's a human as well."

"Eventually, I'll tell him about everything." I told them. Their faces filled with shock.

"As in... EVERYTHING?" Kris asked.

"Y-yes. But anyway, as to why you guys can't come. If you're with us Frisk, then he, and who knows else we meet there might ask this question again, and this time you won't be able to laugh or distract your way out. And I doubt you can come up with a good explanation. As for you Kris, you never been in the Underground right?"

"No! That's why I want to come!"

"Maybe, but I want to have some nice time with my (Y/n). And if you go with us, I'll make your life a living hell!" Of course, this is just bluffing. I never would hurt those close to me. But he doesn't know that.

"Ugh, fine then! I'll go with Susie some other time." Kris sighed defeated.

"Good. Now excuse me, but I'm going to the underground with him. Do me a favor and tell mom ok?" I said walking away towards my boyfriend, leaving the two with pouts on their faces. I do feel a little bad to be honest.

"So, ready to go?" Asked (Y/n) impatiently.

"If it's with you? Ready as I'll ever be." My voice spoke, making him gain a bright blush. He's so cute when he blushes!

"So, while were on the way, do you wanna play?" Asked (Y/n).

"Hmm, sure. Um, what's your favorite song?" I asked.

"I really like (favorite song). What do you like more, fruits or vegetables?"

"I think... I prefer fruits. You prefer puppies? Or are you more of a kittens guy?"

"Kittens all day! I have a problem with dogs." Well then, hopefully we won't meet any of them. "There's a question that's been bugging me, have you been in the underground before?" (Y/n) asked. Oh shit...

"W-well, yeah! I was with Frisk when she fell down." That, wasn't actually a lie.

"Then, why didn't you told me earlier? I feel like people should know you helped her. Then again if you did help her, then how come no one gives you any recognition?"

Come on Chara, come up with an idea! Ugh, what do I tell him? What CAN I tell him? "Th-that's because... I didn't help her. I... was scare of being hurt, so I just stood aside and let her do all the work." A part of that, again wasn't a lie.

"I see. Hey, it's ok! Being of scared of thing is part of what makes us all what we are! And no one judges you so don't be ashamed about it!" I smiled weakly, but convincing, making it seem like hearing that helped. Thanks (Y/n). But the truth is... that is not shame, but guilt that pains me.

"By the way, we made it." I announce as he turned to face the gate to the underground. "Also, those were two questions you asked. Which means now I get three!" I exclaimed, (Y/n) groaning.

"God dang it!"

____________________________________

Ok, since no one got that reference, which was from soft heads world act 3 by the way, we're gonna try again. The guy (or gal I don't judge) to explain why "Freedom day" is on that date is going to give the plot for a chapter after you and Chara are out of the Underground.