Visiting past places part 5: The ruins (the end)

(Y/n)
P.o.v.

"Don't worry. The ruins are kinda dusty, but welcoming." Reassured Chara, walking by my side as we headed to the said place.

"Good. I need a break after all this cold. Next time you could tell me to bring a coat or something for Snowdin." I complained, still being a little cold.

Chara pouted at me. "Stop being such a crybaby."

"Well it's easy for you to say. You have a warm sweater and boots!"

"Which, up until now were soaked, because a certain someone pushed me in the snow." The girl gave me and accusing glare, while rubbing her hand on an elbow, which was kinda cold.

"...I'm sorry..."

Chara softened her gaze. "It's ok. You were just playing around. We arrived by the way. That's the entrace to the ruins."

Looking in front of me, a large open purple door with a big strange symbol was to be seen.

Behind the door, we met a long corridor. "So, what can we do in the ruins?" I asked out of curiosity, looking forward to see what this area would bring. My enthusiasm was cut short however, after receiving the answer.

"Not much sadly. You see, due to the population being rather weaker than the others, the ruins were filled with traps and puzzles. Which as you know, have been shut down. We can still chill out in the house though."

I sigh disappointed. "I understand." A few more steps, and we reached the corridor end. "...Wait, what house?"

"The house my mother used to live when she was here. It's not much, but very welcoming."

(M/n)
P.o.v.

It's pretty late now. (Y/n) should have returned. Is he's late then most likely he's with Chara. Strangely, I can't seem to shake off this strange feeling.

"Hopefully he's alright. Maybe I should call him just to make sure..." I told to myself, leaving the small cup of tea I was drinking from on a table. After standing up from the table, I went after my phone, which was placed in the living room. Or at least that was my intention, because the doorbell was heard almost immediately.

"Oh, he's home." Going to open the door, I... stopped in tracks after I realised something. Why would (Y/n) use the doorbell? The door was slightly opened, and behind it was...

"Hi (M/n)..."

I slammed the door in his face, refusing to allow him inside.

"Wait! Please don't go just yet!" (F/n) begged me. "Please, just let me explain!"

"WHY! WHY WOULD I EVER TRUST YOU AGAIN? After you betrayed me, and lost because of it, you actually think-"

"I'm not here because I want you back. Or (Y/n)."

I stopped in my own words, confused as to what he said. I opened the door, but only a little so I could look at him in the eye. A deep breath was taken by me, to prepare myself for what was going to happen. "Then, what DO you want?"

"I know. I fucked up in the worst way possible. I allowed myself to be bewitched by another, deceived for a terrible action, and destroyed what we once had." His eyes met mine, and for a brief moment, I could see that he had the same regret in his eyes, as in his voice. "A home. A family. I ruined all I had with these very own hands..." He looks at his own hands with disgust.

"Go on. I am listening."

"If I could, I would rewind time and change everything. But I were to lie... if I would say that I don't want to make things right. And I still care for you and (Y/n). Even if you hate me, with a justified reason. I wouldn't risk coming back here, if I didn't..."