In the rain

...

The deafening, annoying quiet made my ears hurt. Having to grasp my arm like that doesn't really help my situation either.

It's not really some deep cut or something, mostly just a scratch. But I this smoking was just new, since I bought it just for this occasion, and I'd feel bad to stain it with blood.

Gotta say, I am a bit conflicted about Chara's knife throwing skills. Whether she was trying to actually cut me, or just scare me away, I can't tell. But whatever it was it worked out. However...

"I'm not leaving Chara..."

I am staying right here. In front of your house.

My heart doesn't want me to leave. And neither do I. I don't know just what happened, or what made you act this way. And I now realize how I haven't been good enough to you. Felt like I was just mostly playing with you Chara. I never gave it any actual interest in you, I never tried to help with your problem.

"But not anymore Chara. I'm staying here. For as long you need me to."

Even if you decide to send me away, I not going to let you down this time.

"Because, Chara... I love you."

...

I gaze with determination at the door handle. I refuse to enter by myself, it won't help my situation. And it won't help Chara either.

She needs me here. And I'll wait for her to invite me in.

And that won't change. Even if Toriel or Frisk show up. I'll find a way to settle things. For Chara.

...

DRIP

"..."

DRIP DRIP DRIP

"Rain won't be enough. I ain't leaving."

These clouds came out of nowhere though.

...

Hehe. This entire situation remind of a dramatic romance movie mom made me watch with her this one time. I fell asleep through the half since I was younger, so I don't know the ending. If only I stayed a bit more awake. Maybe I'd know what to tell her...

...

I let go of my arm, since it doesn't matter anymore, anyway. This thing is gonna be ruined, so I might as just stop.

At least I'm gonna feel a bit refreshed by the cold water.

CREEEEEAAAAKKK

"...Hey."

Nonchalantly, the front door opened slowly.

And as I make contact with a mean looking Chara, who wore nothing but a sport tank top, and grey shorts, her bandaged hands on display. And she does NOT seem happy to see me at all.

...

No words were said for a moment. The only things able to hear was the sound of the rain, getting louder and louder, as the rain became heavier.

...

"Go home."

"I won't."

"It's raining. Go home!"

"I don't care. I'm not leaving."

"...?!"

As her glance scouts my now ruined smoking, Chara comes into contact with the cut she laid on my arm.