Visiting past places part 2: Hotland

(Y/n)
P.o.v

"So, that's the Underground? Hmmm..." I took a good look around the room we were in, only to notice there was nothing in it but a small patch of grass. "Not what I expected, but it ain't that bad."

"That's only the first room you dummy! Not to mention only the entrance!" Announced Chara, in an amused tone.

"You do realize I was just joking right? There's no way all the monsters would fit in here."

"Then, if you'd wish, how about we go on and see the rest of the place?"

"Ladies first." I said, mostly because I have no idea where to go.

Following Chara through the corridors, a question occurred my mind out of nowhere. "Hey Chara? You said that a few monsters remained in the underground right?"

"Well, yes. There are people who chose and preferred to remain here, a few that never actually wanted to leave, and...." The girl stopped in her words, her expression changing, as if she remembered something important. Something BAD.

"Chara? Is something wrong? You seem shocked about something."

"Y-Yeah, but it's nothing really. Don't worry." Her voice was a little nervous, as if she was trying to hide something. Kinda feel like I should ask, but I trust her if she said not to worry about it.

"Anyways, how big is this place more exactly?"

"Well, there are about four different locations around here. Hotland, where there's lava and heat everywhere. The Waterfall, place of minerals, and special flowers. The Waterfall also has amazing views and my personal favorite place. Then there's Snowdin, where the cold climate is constantly assured. As for the last one, The Ruins, where the conditions are the best, but it is the smallest place in the underground."

"Wait, why are all these places separated by conditions?"

"You see, there are monsters that needed special conditions. For an example, Vulkin needs a place with a high level of heat, Woshua needs a place with lots of water, Snowdrake prefers colder weather, and Whimsun likes quiet, peafull places where no one could scare him. I bet you never figured, did you?" Said Chara.

A little confused as to who she was talking to in the end of her sentence, I shrugged it off, and turned my attention to the room we just entered. In the room, there golden flowers everywhere, and a big, dusty throne. Strangely enough, the throne was the only thing in this room that had dust. Everywhere else it was sparkling clean.

"This is The king's old room. He loved to grow flowers and make tea. In case your wondering, the reason as to why the throne is the only thing that is full of dust, it's because after the monster kind was freed, he vacated the throne and allowed his people to choose their new ruler. At first, the queen was nominated, But she refused, wishing nothing but a peacefull, quiet life with her newfound family, and stated that they no longer needed a ruler. And so, we ended up in the way of peace we live right now, with no one to influence their kind. Of course, sometimes people would ask the queen for advice, not as leader, but as a more... clever person." Chara storied.

"You forgot to tell me this part, you know?" I scolded her, but soon told Chara it was okay, since it didn't seem that important at that moment. And then, I realised... "Hey Chara? Who keeps this place clean more exactly?" I asked, her eyes having widened. She grabs my hand and runs out of the room. "Woah, Chara! What's wrong?! Where are we going?!" Despite my questions, which she ignored, she hasn't stopped until we reached an elevator. "Chara! What the hell! What was that about?"

"(Y/n).... I am sorry. I forgot to mention something important. You see... the king still lives in this place." Chara explained.

A sudden jolt of panic rushed trough me. "Wh-What? I-Is he-"

"No." Chara turned to face me, her arms crossed in rather sad than pissed way. "You see, after the barrier broke and all the monsters have been freed, we soon encountered a human city. At first, the humans agreed on living peacefully in harmony with the monsters. But soon questions have been asked, and what happened to the human childrens was revealed. As expected, people were revolted at their actions, but soon the monsters tried to explain themselves. It was a long process, but in the end, it was decided that the King won't be able to leave the underground as punishment for his actions. He gave up on the crown and made a pledge to never hurt anyone and anything, be it even just a fly. As for the humans, they left the city completely, allowing the monsters to be free, but isolated of the human society. I know, and I'm sorry I am only telling you this now. But again, I didn't see as to why it would've mattered at that moment."

My mind went blank. I don't know what is more shocking: the story or the fact that no one, and I mean NO ONE told me this earlier. "Well that's quite a story for bedtime. Don't worry, I'm not mad you didn't told me, but kinda disappointed that I wasn't told this before. But if that's true, then why did we avoided encountering him?"

"Oh... Let's just say I'd rather not meet him. And also, If we met without you knowing that, you would have panicked and run away anyways."

"To be fair, I most likely would've been kinda scared." The elevator stopped, and the metal doors opened. After stepping out, I followed Chara, only to enter another one. "Why are we taking another elevator? Can't we just go by foot?" I asked with a kinda bothered tone.

"There are places we might rather not visit. And also, we have a long way to walk since we are going to skip hotlands."

"Wait, we're skipping Hotlands? Why?"

"Well, mostly because there isn't anything special we can do here. We could have played a few puzzles, but they shut them down after moving on to the surface. Even thought they were usually shut down anyway, as it was dangerous for the monsters." Chara explained.

I whined, but I guess it's only fair. At least I get to see it a little when leaving.

Chara
P.o.v.

(Y/n) is slowly starting to find out  the truth. When I storied about Frisk freeing the monsters, I kept hidden a lot of things, since me and the only ones who know the truth promised not to tell anyone about it. One of the  reasons as to why I decided to avoid Asgore is because is (Y/n) were to meet him, he might have figured that mother was the queen. Hopefully we won't have to meet him. Hopefully... we won't pass by at the new home. If we do... If he goes by the stairway... There will be no turning back.

Sans
P.o.v.

I yawned, trying to get some sleep. Today was a long day at the hotdog stand. I had THREE customers! So yeah, I locked up, got home, and jumped in the bed, to try and catch some Zzz...

.........

"Huh, where am I?" I woke up in a completely blank space, where there was nothing but darkness. Dark, Dark yet Darker. "Oh, it's you. Hey there! It's been a while!

.........

"Oh, i see. We need to talk huh? Let me guess... it has to do with (Y/n) the human?"

____________________________________

Hey, so, sorry the chapter appeared here, but I was already working on it when I had to make the 1 K reads special and it just stayed this way. Also you guys still haven't told me yet why "Freedom day" is on 15 September. Remember, the guy to do it gets to decide the plot for a chapter and gets mentioned. And also sorry for the fourth wall breaking.