Dramatic Interruptions

•••

•••

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asked over the radio as the group were flying back to the Helicarrier.

"Not a word," Natasha responded.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

Steve and Tony were stood together, keeping an eye on Loki, who was sitting right across from Lexie who was playing on the DS Natasha had smuggled her once. 

"I don't like it," Steve said. 

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asked. 

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow," this made Lexie smile. "What's your thing, pilates?"

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle."

Steve looked very offended and looked to Lexie to see if she was hearing this. "He's technically not wrong. You did miss a lot," she said sympathetically before going back to her game. Tony gestured to her in agreement.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Steve continued.

"Yeah," Tony agreed, "there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

Suddenly they lighting and thunder started appearing outside. "Where's this coming from?" Natasha questioned.

"Oh, I hate lightning," Lexie muttered putting away her DS.

"What's the matter?" Steve asked Loki. "Scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki responded dully.

They were quickly interrupted by a bang on the roof. Steve and Tony rushed to put their helmets on and Tony opened the back of the ship, Lexie quickly moved over to Natasha. "What are you doing?" Steve asked Tony. A man with a red cape landed dramatically on the floor throwing his hammer and sending Tony flying back. The man grabbed Loki and flew out of the plane. 

"And now there's that guy," Tony sighed. 

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha called.

"Maybe he's friendly," Lexie suggested.

"Doesn't matter," Tony responded. "If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost."

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Steve commented.

"I have a plan. Attack," and then he flew out of the plane.

"Well it's better than nothing," Lexie shrugged, looking at Steve.

He looked at her and said: "Stay here," before he grabbed a parachute getting ready to jump.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha told him.

"I don't see how I can."

"These guys came from legend. They're basically gods."

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that," he then proceeded to grabbing his shield before jumping out of the plane.

"How terribly small-minded," Lexie tutted while shaking her head. "How does he know how God dresses? Maybe they wear pretty dresses and nice feather boas?

"Sometimes I really wonder what's going on in that brain of yours," Natasha shook her head.

•••

I feel like all the chapters are so short and I'm sorry. I know Lexie doesn't really do much but come with comments every now and then, but trust me, her moment is coming eventually. As always, vote and comment xx