Catch Me If You Can

•••

•••

Lexie let out a cough and a groan when she came to her senses again. She moved the rubble that was lying on top of her away and managed to pull herself to a standing position. 

She saw Clint, who was trying to get up only a few feet away from her, and staggered towards him unsteadily.

"Here." She grabbed his arm and helped him up.

"Thanks," he groaned and pulled out a flashlight, shining it around and above them. No-one else was in sight. "Cap?" he called before kneeling at the ground and moving some stones.

"What is it?" Lexie asked, but she soon saw the glove.

When they heard the sound of a low growl from somewhere behind them, they both looked up with wary faces.

Clint stood up, lodged an arrow with a light attached to it to his bow and turned around, standing in front of Lexie. When he saw movement at the end of the hallway, he released the arrow and they could see several monsters there. Lexie picked up the glove, holding it in her arms, and quickly began running in the opposite direction with Clint on her heels.

•••

They ran through hallway after hallway, trying to find a way out of what seemed to be an endless maze, at the same time as avoiding getting eaten. The snarling creatures were never far behind and while Lexie ran first, carrying the glove, Clint did what he could to slow the enemy down, which ultimately resulted in an explosion that threw them both forwards.

They quickly got back up and saw that the monsters were recovering, too. Clint shot a wire from his suit up to the roof and attached another wire to Lexie so they both rose to the story above. On the way up, they'd both had to pull out their respective swords and cut down the aliens coming after them. When they'd reached the top, the monsters after them were dead.

They both collapsed on the ground in exhaustion and only looked up when Nebula walked up between them. "Oh, hey," Clint greeted her, neither of them seeing her as a threat. "I know you."

Nebula focused on Lexie and crouched down to take the glove. Lexie didn't protest and let her take it. "You alright?" Lexie asked, referring to the explosion.

Nebula didn't respond, only stood up, now with the glove in her possession, and touched her earpiece. "Father..."

This made Clint and Lexie, who had both relaxed, look back up at her.

"I have the stones."

"What?" Clint asked in confusion.

"Nebula?" Lexie frowned.

Again, they received no response. Nebula only put her foot on Clints chest to keep him in place and pointed a gun at him. She looked at Lexie. "Move and I shoot him."