It All Comes Down To This

•••

•••

The Wakandan armies and the present Avengers arrived at the fields just a bit away from the borders where Rhodey informed them he registered two heat signatures. Leaving the ships that had transported them there, they could see two children of Thanos. 

Lexie hadn't seen either of them before, the two she'd faced back in New York were nowhere to be seen.

Natasha, Steve and T'Challa walked forward to meet the pair, while everyone else stayed put, watching on.

Standing next to Bucky, Lexie felt slightly awkward, but no words were exchanged as they watched on in anticipation.

The woman raised her weapon, and Lexie felt her stomach drop when parts of the ships began rising.

Natasha, Steve and T'Challa quickly returned.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly," Steve replied.

Just seconds later aliens emerged from the tree line, running towards them at full speed and the Wakandans began chanting in Xhosa as they prepared for battle. 

"Why is it always aliens?" Lexie sighed.

"What the hell?" Bucky muttered.

"Looks like we pissed her off," Natasha stated.

"That's putting it lightly," Lexie commented.

The aliens had reached the border and crashed into it, many dying or losing body parts on impact.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye realized.

It didn't take long until they began breaking through the barrier, screeching and snarling as they ran towards the people on the other side.

The ones carrying guns began shooting at the aliens from a distance.

Rhodey let out bombs at the edge of the border, but the enemy kept coming like ants.

When they noticed aliens running towards the sides, probably looking for weak points in the barrier, Bruce spoke up.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us there's nothing between them and Vision."

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us," Steve responded. 

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked. 

"We open the barrier," T'Challa told her.

"Oh, I really regret leaving the apartment now," Lexie breathed out.

"On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen," T'Challa spoke into his earpiece.

Lexie touched the pendant on her bracelet so her suit appeared and dialed her escrima sticks to the highest level of electricity.

"This will be the end of Wakanda," a man said.