Moving Day

•••

•••

About a week after the events in Berlin, Lexie and Erin were ready to move into their new apartment. 

Tony had been slightly annoyed that they hadn't chosen one of the fancier places that he'd liked, but had mostly kept his mouth shut and had already installed Friday in their apartment. Lexie had told him it wasn't necessary, but he'd insisted, saying that the AI could assist in their day-to-day life, like telling Lexie how to properly cook so she didn't set fire to the kitchen and whatnot, and in cases of emergency, alert him of them being in danger. 

Lexie knew it was so that he could look out for them. He didn't say it, but she knew it kinda bothered him that Lexie was moving out and he wouldn't be able to protect her like he usually could. She was out on her own now, and it put his mind more at ease to know they'd have an AI he'd created, to alert him of any potential danger, whether it was intruders or a kitchen fire.

The couple had spent the last few days sorting through their belongings, deciding what to keep and what to either give away or throw away. This had been much more difficult for Erin as she had a lot of things from her childhood, things her parents had left behind, and things she'd made with uncle Ben, aunt May and Peter. There were a lot of great memories attached to many of the things she owned, and being as sentimental as she was, it was hard to part from some of it. She'd keep the most important things, like the handprint from when she two that her father had helped her make, her mothers wedding ring and her uncles college sweater, but she couldn't keep everything and had to throw or give a lot away.

One of the things she'd insisted on keeping though, was the book 'Goodnight Moon' that her parents had read to her every night when she was young. A small children's book might not be so important to most people, but this one meant a lot to her, and she'd kept it this long, and would continue to do so, in the hopes that one day, when she had children of her own, she could read that story to them. 

Lexie had gotten slightly teary-eyed when Erin had told about her this.

They had carried all the boxes up from the moving truck up to the apartment, with the help of Peter and May who'd decided to help them, and were now ready to start unpacking. 

Ready to turn the apartment into their first home together.

Hopefully, the first of many.

•••

They were mostly done when they noticed the sun was starting to set. All that remained was placing the books in the bookshelf, getting everything properly sorted in the kitchen, and decorating the guest room. All four of them were very pleased with everything they'd gotten done and how it was coming together.

It was pretty great, seeing Erin and Lexies personalities and lives coming together and making a home they both could love.

They ordered Thai food and ate it while watching a movie until it was time for May and Peter to head back to their apartment, it was a school night after all, leaving Erin and Lexie alone.