Bittersweet Goodbyes

•••

•••

The Avengers and Loki were gathered to see Thor and Loki off.  Thor was given the Tesseract so he could return it to where it belonged. Asgard. 

Thor and Loki stood together, both holding the container containing the Cube, while the others stood around them. They turned the handle at the same time and soon disappeared in a blue light. 

Lexie shared a friendly hug with Steve. Him telling her "Good job," before they parted ways. She then threw herself on Natasha, squeezing the older woman, who just laughed and hugged her back. 

Clint gave her a side hug and a pat on the back, saying: "I still think it'd have been cool if you could've just killed Loki with a snap." 

"I'll try next time I see him," she chuckled. She gave a small hug to Bruce before moving over to where Tony was standing.

"Come here, kid," he said formally and gave her a hug and a smile. "You know, you can stay at the tower whenever you want, get away from S.H.I.E.L.D. for a bit, we've got plenty of rooms available. I wouldn't mind that. Unlike with dear old Capsicle over there," he pointed at Steve," I actually don't mind you."

"Thanks," she smiled. "Don't think S.H.I.E.L.D.'ll let me leave anytime soon, though."

"Well, offer still stands," he gave her another small hug before getting into his fancy car with Bruce. Lexie waved them off, before getting into the black car S.H.I.E.L.D. had sent to pick her up. 

Now that the threat had been eliminated, and she'd done her job, it was back to the old way of life. As stressful as the past few days had been, she'd miss the people she'd met and befriended.

But she had a feeling she'd be seeing them again.

•••

Really short chapter, but WE'RE DONE WITH PART ONE.

I'll update the first chapter of part two (ca:tws) on Friday.

Vote and comment, please don't be a silent reader, I would love some feedback xx