Lost And Found

•••

•••

Exploring the city without someone familiar with it was probably not the best idea. If only Lexie had realized that sooner.

She'd been staying with Tony and Pepper for a little while now, and was familiar with the tower and the area surrounding the tower, but she had never ventured around by herself before. 

That morning when she'd woken up, she made the impulsive decision to just go down to the subway, find a train and see where she went. And Pepper hadn't been there to discourage it, Tony was the only one there and he usually encouraged her questionable ideas. 

At the train station she'd tried to read the map explaining all the routes, but all the colors and names got more and more confusing the longer she looked at it. She could've asked someone for help, of course, but decided not to because just thinking about approaching someone and asking for directions made her anxious. Instead she followed a crowd of people onto a random train, pulled out her headphones to listen to music, and hoped for the best.

Now she had switched trains twice and been traveling for over an hour, and she had no idea where she was. When the train stopped and a lot of the people got off, she decided to do so as well. She stuffed her things in her pockets and walked out, soon seeing that she was at the 36th Avenue Station. She walked outside, finally breathing in some fresh air... well, as fresh air as you could find in New York, and looked around. She saw a school not too far away with a sign that read Midtown High. 

Given the fact that it was a school, she obviously walked in the other direction. 

It didn't take her too long to figure out that she was in Queens, but it took her even less time to figure out that she was, not surprisingly, lost. She walked for quite some time, wasn't sure how long, too lazy to check her phone, but she was starting to get hungry. She decided to try to find a place to eat, and a few minutes later, she spotted Delmar's Deli and Grill

She was just about to open the door, when it almost smacked her in the face as someone on the other side opened it as well. A girl about her age stood in front of her. She was shorter than Lexie, had light brown hair, sparkling brown eyes, thin lips, and was very pretty.

The girl looked like she had just finished her shift at the deli and was just leaving, when the two had run into each other. She looked up at Lexie in shock and spoke quickly: "Holy shit, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking."

"It's okay," Lexie smiled kindly, the two keeping their eyes on one another. "Don't worry about it, I didn't see you either."

"I'm Erin Parker," she held out her hand to shake the girls hand. She felt like she'd seen the tall brunette before somewhere, but couldn't place her.

"Lexie Williams," Lexie shook her hand with a firm, yet soft grip. 

Erins eyes widened slightly, remembering her younger brother ranting about how cool and powerful the girl was after the Battle of New York. Erin had never thought much about her or the Avengers, that was her brothers thing, but she remembered thinking how pretty the girl was from the news she'd seen about the Battle, injuries and all. After that, for the two years that had passed, she hadn't thought more about it. Only recently had Lexie been brought up again in Peters endless rants after all the information from S.H.I.E.L.D. had been released. As much as she was physically attracted to the girl, she also felt a lot of admiration, respect and sympathy for her. Erin had lost her parents at a young age too, she'd been twelve when they died, but she'd had her brother, aunt and uncle still. Lexie had been taken in by an agency that mainly viewed her as a weapon.