Part 8

"Wow that seemed like no time!" You say to no one in particular.

"Doesn't really seem that way to me." Aones standing next to you.

He's super close to you. Like almost arms touching.

"Oh yeah true haha."
"Why am I so awkward?" You think.

"Nice having you around. Next time we'll put you to work." Coach says.

You chuckle. "Eh I don't know if I'll come again then."

"Yeah ok."

You tell everyone goodbye and that you'll come again.

"I'll walk you home?" Aone asks looking straight ahead.

"Um sure! If it's not too much trouble."
"Yay he's walking me home!" You think.

You smile to yourself. Big grin actually.

"Why are you smiling?" Aone asks.

You look over and make eye contact.

You hold his gaze for a bit. It felt as if you were the only two people in the world. he broke it and looked down.

"No reason." You say quickly looking back ahead.
"I've got to give him the letter." You think. "I'll do it tomorrow. I have to psych myself up."

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"Fine....?" Why's he asking me this?

He nodded.

"Why are you asking me that?" You smile at him. "Oh." You're smile disappeared, remembering that night. You awkwardly laugh. "Yeah I'm good. How bout you?" You put your hair behind your ear trying to change the subject.

*Aones POV*

"I think she's trying to change the subject." I thought.

"I'm good." I don't want to push her or anything.

"What should I say?"

"We're going on a trip." I just remembered.

"Oh, cool. For volleyball?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"For how long?"

"Two weeks." I didn't really want to leave her. I don't think anyone else knows about her home life. I don't wanna ask.

"When are you leaving?"

"In two days."

"Ok nice. Are you excited." She looked at me.

"Yeah it'll be fun." I glanced back at her.

She nodded, "Yeah definitely." she looked straight ahead.

I peeked over at her. She looks kinda.... sad?
I bet it's because I asked about her I bet. And know she's going home.

We got to her house.

*Your POV*

We got to my house.

We stopped at my door.

"Thanks for walking me home."

He nodded.

You didn't think about it but you kissed him on the cheek. It kind of just happened.

You backed up to see him blushing. Like red as a tomato blush.

"Sorry I didn't- I wasn't- I just- sorry!" You stuttered, shaking your head.

He covered his face and looked away.

"It's ok- I mean I don't care I don't mind I g-guess." He stuttered too.

You couldn't unlock the door quick enough. You opened it and went straight in and shut the door behind you.

"Why did I do that?!" You whisper shouted to yourself. You smacked your head a couple times.

You kept reliving that moment smiling. You remembered his face. Man was it red.

You laughed to yourself. You didn't know you were capable of making him blush that hard.

You trotted up the steps feeling somewhat embarrassed but mainly giddy.

Authors note:

Next chapter we'll get into more of Aone comforting y/n. it's obvi gonna be fluffy. Hopefully you all like it. Stay tuned! :)