Part 11

Review:
You stood up now waiting for Takanobu. Only 15 minutes now.

*Aones POV*
As I walk home from school I try calling l/n- no, y/n. I blush. I haven't officially called her by her first name yet.

No answer. I'm worried about her. I round the corner and see a shady figure at the bus stop with their hood pulled up.

The person comes out and shows their face.

I freeze, I know it's y/n but I don't want it to be. She walks up to me.

"Um.... Could I uh..." she looks away, "Could I stay with you for a little bit."

I'm frozen in my tracks. I look at her, really look at her. Her pretty face is covered in black and blue and her eyes are swollen.

She looks down so that I can't see her. I guess I was staring too hard.

"Sorry I asked. It's ok if I can't, I can find someplace else."

"No." She looks up at me. "You can stay at my place for as long as you need." I look everywhere but her face. I can't bare to see her like this.

*Your POV*
"Thank you so much." You wrap your arms around his waist. God you missed this. He warmed you up immediately. His arms firmly held on to you as he wrapped his arms around you.

"Ow, gently." You told him.

"Sorry." He loosened his grip on you.

You could stay like this forever.

"How about we uh, maybe we could head home now and we could- you could settle in or something."

"Right." You reluctantly let go. "Right, let's go."

It was silent as you two walked to his place.

You stopped in your tracks. "Wait." Your eyes widen.

Takanobu stops and looks back at you.

You lock eyes. "I don't want, I just, I don't want your mom, your parents, I don't want them to see me, i don't want them to see me like this." You say frantically.

He walks back to you, he's thinking hard.

"I don't want to do this but we'll have to sneak you in. Unless you tell my mom." He looked at you.

"No nonononono I'm not telling your mom. I love her, don't get me wrong but I'm, no, I don't want to."

He nodded in understanding.

You kept walking and he followed next to you.

"Sooo how are you going to sneak me in?"

"Um my dads not home yet and mom will be in the kitchen so you can just walk upstairs."

"I don't think it'll be that easy."

You got to his house. Takanobu opened the door and went straight to the kitchen while you ran upstairs.

"Wow" you breathed out. "Ok well that was easier than I thought."

You thought about how you were going to confess to him today. You decided to make a rain check, today was not a very good day for that.

You heard footsteps coming upstairs. "It's me." Takanobu called out.

He went straight to the bathroom and motioned you over.

"Hm?" You questioned. You looked down at what he had. It was a first aid kit. "Oh I'm ok. They'll heal on their own."

He shook his head. "You should take better care of yourself. Sit down."

"Where?"

He raised his shoulders.

You sat on the countertop since Takanobu is so tall.

He got to work tending to your wounds. You realize he's standing in between your legs. Your face gets hot. You suddenly feel self conscious and uncomfortable. You look up at him, god he's so close to your face. You study him, he's in deep concentration.

"I guess he doesn't realize how close he is to me right now" you think.

"Are you sick? Your heating up" He questions, quite oblivious to what's happening as he puts the back of his hand gently to your forehead.

"No no I'm fine. I feel fine." You quickly say.

He continues.

"Your face is red." He states.

"It's just that uh, you're really close." You awkwardly laugh.

"S-sorry." His face is red too.

He moves to your arms.

"Thanks for doing this." You try and make it less awkward.

He nods. He stays focused on the cut he's cleaning.

"I gotta ask though, why are you helping me?"

He stops, he shrugs, he goes back to work.

"I just," you try and think about how to say this, "it's just that no ones cared about- or cared for me like this. I was just wondering why you were doing this, it's ok if you don't have a reason I was just thinking about it." You look at him trying to read his features. "Do you want to help me?"

He looks up at you. He nods his head, "Yeah, yeah I do."

"But I mean why though?" You question again.

He stays concentrated on your arm. He's blushing, you can tell.

"Is it becaussseee," You pause weighing your options if you say this. "You like me?"

He goes tense. He doesn't say anything.

"I'm just teasing, sorry" You rub the back of your neck, mentally scolding yourself.

"I do."

You snap your head to look at Takanobu. "What?" You say, your heartbeat quickening.

"I do." He repeats eyes trained on his shirt that he's fidgeting with.

"Oh." You grin and look down at your legs. "I do too." You feel his eyes on you. You get up the courage to look at him.

You both are staring deep into each others eyes.

You're grinning from ear to ear.

He looks away, "So that means we....." he smiles to himself.

You decided to go for it. "That means we both like each other."

You could make out the small smile forming on his lips. You giggled (jeez I hate that word giggled but I don't know how else to describe it 😭)

"Takanobu!!! Come down and get ready for dinner!!" His moms shouts from downstairs.

You jump. You were so focused on Takanobu that you forgot where you were.

"How are you going to eat?" He looks at you.

"Oh. I didn't think about that."

"I'll figure it out." He says as he leaves to go downstairs.

You were alone for the time being. You sighed and made your way to Takanobus room.