Chapter 15

Harry POV:

How's your day going so far? My day is great, if you take out he fact that Dumbledore is dead, and Professor Snape killed him, and I can now confirm that Draco Malfoy, my boyfriend, is a death eater. Basically, today isn't really a good day. But on a brighter note, schools ending, which mean that I'll have to endure another summer at the Dursleys while everyone worries about me. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that my life is going to be pretty messed up here on out. I let out a sigh. Since when has my life been anywhere normal, anyways? Ron notices my sigh on the train ride back home, and he looks at me weirdly.

"You ok, mate? You've been distant with us since Dumbledore died."

"I know, I'm just really stressed," I say.

"We all are these days. If you need someone to talk to, I'm your guy, you got that clear?" Ron asks me. I smile and nod, before my smile fades quickly.

"I'm going to go out for fresh air."

"Are you sure? Last time you did that, Draco broke your nose."

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing," I say wearily, ignoring Ron's puzzled face. I go from train compartment to train compartment, trying to find a certain death eater. No one knows about Draco being a death eater yet, and a terrified one at that, so there's almost no chance that he's expelled. I finally find him alone, scratching his right arm. I come in, and Draco looks gloomily at me.

"Blaise went with his mom the other day, and Pansy still won't talk to me, so it's just me."

"What about Crabbe and Goyle?" I ask.

"They left earlier too," Draco says coldly. We sit in silence, before Draco speaks up.

"Hey, aren't you going to break up with me? I'm a death eater, you should know that by now."

I look at Draco, surprised. "Oh, no, I won't. Plus, you aren't really a death eater. I know you have some good in you, Draco. I know you didn't actually want Dumbledore dead, and I know you hate being a death eater."

"You knew all of that just by these past few days?" Draco says.

"Obviously. Knowing the true you, I know you wouldn't be a death eater."

Draco smiles, before he frowns again. "I hate this. I hate being a death eater. You know, that's why I've been so keen to using my knife. The stress of killing Dumbledore was just way too strong. I also tried scrubbing my dark mark off, that's why you've seen me in bathrooms a lot. Like I said, I hate this."

"I hate it too. About you being a death eater, I mean. It doesn't suit you at all," I say, shrugging. Then I get an idea. "Well, Draco, if you don't want to be a death eater, why don't you join us instead? You can help us defeat Lord Voldemort. I know, it might be risky, because if we fail, you'd die, but still, you would rather die than be a death eater, right?"

"Yeah, at this point I'd do anything to not be a death eater," Draco says, nodding. "Do you have a plan for defeating You-Know-Who though?"

"Well, I have sort of a plan. We have to find certain things and break them. Only then can Voldemort can be killed." I make sure to not use the word horcrux, but Draco still looks excited. "Do you know any of these- things?"

"No, I only know one. He's got seven of them, you know. Voldemort, I mean. He has seven. One of them looks like this," I say, holding up the locket, "And I think one of them might be from Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Maybe a trophy of some sorts?"

"Ah, well, can I help you in finding them?"

"Sorry, Dumbledore left us a job to do only for me, Ron, and Hermione. But we could use some information. How about this: Every week or so, send us a full report on Voldemort's plans. Then we'll be able to outsmart him. And please, write about Snape too. I want to know what he's up too. And- Draco?" I say, looking worried, "please tell me how you're doing. I'll miss you very much."

Draco smiles before taking my hand and kissing my cheek. 

"I know, Harry. I'll miss you so much."