3

Scarlett's POV:

I wake up at 6am, as usual and head downstairs to let the dogs out. our house has a back door and then a small pathway that leads to the front garden and gate. an hour later it starts beginning to get light and so I head to the front door to call Maggie and pancake for a walk expecting them to come running through the aforementioned pathway and running to the door. Instead, however I go to call them only to notice they are already in the front garden sat against a tree on the other side of the gate. I called them again and they wouldn't budge. So, I walked towards them.

Huddled against the tree, with Maggie snuggled into their lap and pancake stood up seemingly surveying the land for anything that could hurt them. Lay a child, they couldn't be older than 14, adorned with a backpack and scraggly clothes. I would chalk up this kids appearance as some kid who childishly ran away to spite their parents, if it weren't for the black eye that was also apparent. 

"poor kid" I whispered.

I thought over my options in that moment...

1. technically  kidnap this kid in order to make sure they are okay

or

2. leave them here.

Thinking about it like that, my mind was already made up. i gently nudged pancake and Maggie to the side. And gently picked  the kid up and carried her inside...

A/N: i think I'm happy with the size for know but if any of you guys wants me to change it i will