12

Scarletts pov:

I just kind of stood there- paralyzed with indecision. Should I run after her? That would be wrong right? Probably. But what if their in trouble? I can't just let her run off that's not safe. She's just a kid, and now she's all alone, again. Fuck how could I let this happen, I don't know enough about this kid, I don't know where they came from I don't know if they were safe there. I don't know where they went if they went back to the place where they weren't safe. Oh god I have to get them back don't I- I really hope I'm not too late.

I can feel myself spiralling and so took a swift breath before deciding what to do. I'll go back and get my phone and call a driver and Lizzie to help me look. At least that was the plan before I heard screaming and clattering coming from a while away.

before I could think or plan i was running. I guess i have more motherly instincts than i thought since i stupidly didn't think to grab anything  to help me with this. Not a phone or a weapon of some sort, instead i am running to help this kid who i met yesterday. That poor kid. 

I turned the corner and saw y/n/n being held by 3 teenagers.  shes kicking and screaming  while they are punching her and trying to pull her away.

"shit"

I ran towards them and as they saw me they shoved her on the ground and ran. I thought about calling the police or running after them but i don't want y/n/n to panic more than they already are so instead i ran straight to her. she was slumped against a wall, bruised and bloody she was grunting in pain and trying to reach down to her ankle its only then i noticed it had landed in a weird position when the men shoved her. i got over to her and crouched down.

"i think its twisted sweetie" i said as calmly as possible with the panic arising from the situation. the last thing i need right now is for her to try and keep running.

Y/Ns pov:

fuck that hurts. my head is still ringing from being slammed against the  wall and everything is a bit of a blur. As my vision comes back fully (a/n: i think Wanda would be jealous) i see Scarlett's walking towards me. 'fuck, fuck this cant be happening i need to go i have to run'  i grunt as i try to walk away but my ankle roars with pain. i rest my head back against the wall in defeat, im in too much pain to run. shit- back in the foster system i go. i wonder where too this time, anywhere but a group home, anywhere. another foster home with a lot of kids i can handle, but group homes are where they put the kids they don't know how to handle.

She crouched down to my level so that i could see her eyes now, they were full of emotion. caring and worry were in there, prominently but i didn't let that fool me, I've thought i saw that look before but it turned out  to just be guilt because they were sending me back. ive learned not to trust that look. 

A/N: hello there! not going to lie i kind of hate this chapter but its out because this chapter is later than i hoped. but on the positive side of things this chapter is more than 300 words for once? I actually managed to get it over 500 (yey!) anyway have a good day you guys!!