He Totally Isn't Making 'Moving On' That Easy

Sophia knocked at a wooden door; turning to the only person that came into her mind through the tears. The mahogany door opened and the person was clearly shocked to see her flooded in her own tears.

"Sophia?" Zach was still processing the fact that she was in front of his door, since the last time they spoke was in a party a few weeks ago.

"Oh my god, Sophia. What happened?" Zach' best friend / brotherly instincts kicked in and he immediately wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her inside; making sure to be as gentle as possible.

He sat the both of them down on the leather sofa in his rather huge living room, but he still kept his body close enough that a friend should in case she needed any comfort.

He tried talking to her as well as comforting her, but it was no use. Water kept flowing like it had no end.

He couldn't handle it any longer so he laid both of them down across the sofa; her head on his chest and his arm around her waist.

He would occasionally do these sort of things to her; it was no wonder why she fell in love with him in the first place.

He kept rubbing his hand up and down her back as her chest kept on rising with every ragged breath she took. after a few minutes of this, her sobs quieted down.

"What happened?" He tried to ask her again as he hoped that he would actually get a response this time.

"You were right all along, Zach." She told him with all the regret she had in her words.

"Right about what?" He asked curiously because he thought that he was right about a lot of things.

"Mason was a douchebag." She spat out while bringing the back of her hand to wipe the never ending tears away.

"I caught him making out with Jessica, and she finally told me that this was all a joke; that she just wanted my downfall or something." She angrily said while sitting up and looking at him.

His expression looked like it had a mixture of sorrow, pity, and rage. It was a weird combination that she never thought could mix, but they did.

"She also told me that her dating you was all part of it. I'm so sorry, Zach." The anger subsided for a moment and made room for pity.

Zach sat up with her and gave her a nice warm hug. His head was tested upon hers.

"I knew that already, Sophia. She told me that in the party before I went to warn you. I just never brought it up because I wasn't sure if it was real or just a bad dream. She made sure that I was drunk when she told me." His hands travelled up and down her arm soothingly, and she nestled in his chest while keeping a hand on his forearm.

"I'm sorry for not believing you. You were right. She was a bitch." He smirked.

"Those weren't the exact words I used but okay." Sophia chuckled.

They sealed their forgiveness with one last bear hug.

Zach decide to be the girlfriend Sophia wanted and insisted that she spend the night with him. They spent it watching 'Mean Girls' whilst eating a fresh batch of popcorn.

They watched some other movies that showed that not all women needed a man in their life to be fabulous, and it was definitely helping Sophia's mood.

By the time school came, she was halfway through her heartbreak recovery. She started smiling more and stopped thinking about Mason for quite some time. She also started hanging with Zach again; who really helped in her fast recovery by distracting her every time she would drift back to him.