Chapter Thirty Nine

Emma, Regina, Queenie, and Henry were all seated at the back of Grannie's Diner happily enjoying their meals.

Queenie beamed at Henry as Snow walked in.

"Snow...." Queenie said softly they all turned to look as Snow approached the table.

"May I join?" Snow wondered watching them carefully.

Emma looked to Queenie, and Queenie nodded.

"Yes," Emma said softly.

Snow took a seat next to Henry. "I'm sorry for my behavior, Emma. I wanted to apologize to all of you."

Regina snuck her hand under the table and grabbed Emma's. Emma laced their fingers together swiftly.

"I want you to be happy Emma.  And if this is what truly makes you happy then. I need to accept that."

Emma smiled softly, "Really? You're not going to try and vanquish them? Or keep them from me?"

"Not anymore." Snow said standing up.

"Wait, you're not going to stay?" Emma wondered watching her carefully.

"Not today. Today I don't deserve it, but I'm hoping in the future you will invite me." Snow said brushing off her skirt.

Emma watched in awe as she watched Snow exit the building.

Queenie raised her eyebrow, "What was that?"

"I think something changed her mind. I wonder what it was." Regina said softly.

"I think she doesn't want to lose you again, mom." Henry said looking at Emma.

Emma nodded and took a sip of her beer. "So kid, what do you think of all this?"

"I'm not going to lie. It's really confusing, and mother is practically fucking herself." Henry scrunched up his nose.

"Henry!!" They all three said in unison.

"Ok, that is creepy." Henry smirked. "Relax, I'm fully supportive if it makes you guys happy."

Queenie grabbed Regina's hand now.

"Technically we're not the same person anymore." Queenie said.

"No, but you might as well be twins." Henry's face twisted in confusion when he came to that realization.

"We're basically one person." Regina responded. "Our connection is greater when we are together."

Henry almost choked on his food.

"Henry!" Emma scolded.

"It's ok. It's just going to take some getting used to."

Emma nodded, "it took me a while too."

Regina and Queenie grinned at each other in amusement. 

"She opened up quickly." Queenie grinned evilly.

Emma shot her a look.

Henry took a sip of his beer trying to forget what he just heard.

"I don't know how I am going to separate the two of you," He said looking between Regina and Queenie.

"Mom," Queenie said pointing to Emma, "Mother," She said pointing to Regina, "And Mommy." She said pointing to herself with a proud grin.

"I think I'm too old for Mommy."

"You'll always be that sweet little boy to us." Queenie smirked watching his reaction as he took another sip of beer.

"So no more evil schemes right?" Henry asked looking specifically at Queenie.

"Depends on if anyone tries to mess with my family." She hummed taking her hand back from Regina and putting the martini glass to her lips.

"Ok. I can accept that." Henry said taking a bite of his fries.

"So when is the wedding?"

Emma almost spit out her beer. "What?"

"Relax mom, I just wanted to see your reaction." Henry smirked.

"You little shit."

Henry grinned.

"He gets it from me," Queenie grinned proudly at Henry.

"You two are totally going to gang up on me aren't you?"

Henry smiled at Queenie, "How else do you expect us to bond?"

Emma pouted.

"Don't worry Emma, I'll be on your side."

"See Regina loves me." She said kissing her softly.

Henry scrunched up his nose in disgust, "Not at the table."

"Too late." Emma grinned sticking out her tongue. "Payback."

They all laughed continued their meal ending the night on a good note. Nothing seemed to be in the way, and they were completely content as a family.

Maybe someday soon Snow would be invited to their gathering.