Chapter Six

Emma and Regina were sitting at the table feeling rather defeated. Silence washed over them as they finished their drinks.

"You got anything stronger than this?" Emma wondered, finally breaking the silence.

"Of course, what would you like?" Regina got up from her chair and Emma followed.

Emma really didn't want to be alone right now. "Do you have whiskey?"

"Yes, one second." She said reaching into her cupboard to grab two glasses and the whiskey.
She added ice before pouring the alcohol into the glasses. She handed one to Emma and immediately took a sip, almost downing it before pouring herself more.

Emma raised her eyebrow, "Stressed, huh?"

"Yes, well. It seems as though whatever plan I have to get ahead of her she already has beat me to it." Regina sighed taking another sip.

Emma sipped her glass carefully. "Can I spend the night?" Emma wondered watching her closely.

"Absolutely." Regina beamed feeling a rush of excitement in her chest.

"I just don't really feel comfortable being by myself now."

Regina nodded. "Maybe we should take our mind off it and get some sleep?" She wondered.

Emma agreed she was exhausted after the roller coaster of emotions. Regina headed up the stairs, and Emma was closely behind her carrying her glass with her. They reached the guest bedroom and Regina opened the door.

Emma bit her lip. She didn't want to intrude on Regina, but when she said she didn't want to be by herself, she really meant it.

"I don't want to be rude, Regina, but is there anyway I can sleep with you in your room?" She wondered.

Regina's eyes widened. It had been a while since she had someone in her bed. Not since Robin's death.

"I guess so." Regina nodded another rush flooded her chest.

"You sure, because I can deal. It's just after everything that's happened I really don't want to be alone at all."

Regina nodded, "Yes, Dear. It's fine." She replied moving to her bedroom and opened the door for Emma.

This was actually the first time Emma had actually seen her bedroom. It was gorgeous. "You have anything I can sleep in?" Emma wondered.

Regina nodded, anxiety taking over her so she was unable to form words. She went to her dresser and pulled out a pair of pajama bottoms, and a shirt. She handed them to Emma and set her glass of whiskey down on the dresser. "I am going to go freshen up." Regina said quickly exiting the room to her master bathroom.

Regina quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face, her normal routine. She wanted to make sure she was smelling extra good for Emma so she freshened up her deodorant and sprayed some fancy bedtime mist, it was a hint of lavender.

Finally, she came out of the bathroom,
and looked at Emma, "Would you like a toothbrush? I have extra."

"Sure," Emma replied taking the last sip of her whiskey.

Regina got her a toothbrush from the linen closet and handed it to her. "Toothpaste is on your left top drawer."

"Thanks, Regina." Emma said placing a soft kiss on her cheek before entering the bathroom.

Emma grabbed the toothpaste from the drawer and applied it to her toothbrush. All of a sudden she had an uneasy feeling like she was being watched. She stared endlessly at the mirror in front of her not being able to move, she just kept starring.

After a while Regina became concerned. It didn't take normal people this long to brush their teeth. "Emma?" She asked, not receiving an answer back.

Regina gently knocked on the door. "Emma?" Still no answer.

Regina started to panic and opened the door to find Emma blankly starring at the mirror in front of her.

"God damnit!" Regina cursed and took the vase on the toilet shattering the mirror's glass.

Emma blinked rapidly, disrupted by the loud noise and action of what just happened, "Regina?" Emma asked completely not remembering what happened. "What are you doing?"

"You don't remember that?" Regina wondered watching Emma carefully. "She had you transfixed!"

"Regina, what is happening?" She wondered looking completely hopeless.

"We will fix this Emma, I promise." Regina said. "Now come on, brush your teeth and let's go to sleep. I am not leaving your side for a second."

Emma nodded and did as she was told, still startled by the events that just occurred.

Regina was going to have to get rid of all the mirrors in her house. She didn't care, not if that meant being around Emma all the time.

Emma finished up and turned to Regina, her eyes were filled with horror.

"I promise Emma, it will be ok."

Emma just nodded, "Maybe I should get my heart back."

Regina raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure?"

Emma nodded silently.

"Ok." Regina sighed heading back into the bedroom. "We will see her tomorrow."

Regina grabbed Emma's hand, and brought her to the bed. "Lay down, Em. You look exhausted."

Emma nodded, still silent and laid down trembling slightly.

"Do you mind if I hold you?" Regina wondered watching her carefully.

Emma just shook her head.

Regina scooted closer and wrapped both arms around her possessively spooning her from behind.

Emma turned around to face her and Regina's breath caught in her throat at the proximity of their lips.

"You know, as much as I despise the Queen, she may be onto something."

Regina blinked, not sure where Emma was taking this, "Em...?"

"Will you kiss me?" Emma wondered, watching her curiously.

Regina blanked. "Emma I—"

Before Regina could say another word Emma leaned into kiss her softly. She knew that Regina was afraid.  The Regina before her was scared and timid, full of anxiety. Not the confident woman she had known before. Now Queenie had possessed that trait alone.

Regina kissed back, unsure of what she was doing and by the time Emma pulled back Regina's cheeks were bright red."

"You ok?" Emma asked running a lock of hair behind her ear.

Regina nodded.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I just ...." Regina was extremely embarrassed, "I wasn't expecting that."

"Like I said Regina. The Queen might be onto something. Do you want to try?" She wondered watching her carefully.

"Try what?" Regina asked not sure what Emma was really asking. It's not that she didn't want to kiss Emma, it was just that she was worried that the Queen was behind all this and she didn't want to violate Emma like that.

"I think we should go to sleep, Em." Regina replied softly. She wanted to kiss Emma so badly, but she refrained.

Emma pouted, "Ok," Slightly feeling rejected, but she turned around and fell asleep.

Sleep didn't come as easy for Regina.