Chapter 12 | Beckett

I wake up and get dressed looking in the mirror and biting my lip because today's the first time Jasper will see me in more casual clothes.

I'm wearing basic striped swim trunks and a white muscle shirt, with a navy blue button up undone over top. I check my watch and cringe because I have to go get Jasper or we'll be late.

I walk upstairs and knock loudly.

"Jasper?"

He pulls open the door and I jump surprised he's awake and dressed. My eyes trail down his body, he's wearing the black swim shorts Maggie brought for him and a deep green shirt with the sleeves cut off.

I swallow.

"h hey"

He chuckles grabbing a pair of sunglasses and putting them on top of his head.

"you look good, less stuck up in this outfit"

I roll my eyes.

"thanks"

He chuckles and pulls me forward kicking the door closed at the same time and kisses me making me blush.

"I'm kidding I like it"

I nod before moving away from him.

"we can't be late"

He shakes his head rolling his eyes.

"whatever"

I pull open the door and we walk down to the dining hall, Jasper grunting.

"you're driving with Derek?"

I nod "yup"

He shifts his jaw.

"okay"

I sigh.

"I'll see you once we get there, the bus isn't big enough for all the mentors and besides you can sit with Brody"

He only shrugs "whatever"

I lift a brow.

"Tims going on the bus so unless you don't want to go on this trip please don't piss him off"

In typical Jasper fashion he rolls his eyes again muttering a "whatever".

I glare "your being childish"

He only crosses his arms. I let it go as we enter the dining hall.

Tim amongst a few other teachers are trying to direct everyone and get everyone ready for the bus. Jasper looks around the room before moving towards Brody.

"hey"

Brody looks up and his face fills with relief.

"ah shit thank God I was worried Beckett couldn't get you up and I'd be stuck doing this shit on my own"

Jasper chuckles and I nod at Brody.

"where's Derek?"

He shrugs.

"I don't know trying to help sort out the other guys"

I nod.

"okay I'm going to go look for him"

I look at Jasper.

"you good?"

He shrugs lazily "yup"

I sigh at his attitude.

"I'll see you guys there"

He doesn't respond and I walk away looking for Derek. I find him just as they start letting the boys get on the busses.