Chapter 19 | Jasper

I walk out of the room and head down the stairs trying to decide how I feel. The way Beckett argued with me, told me I embarrassed him last night hurt. More then I'd like to admit.

Coming here, seeing this side of Beckett it's brought out a part of him I hate. It's why I don't date rich people and yet here I am enamoured with A boy from Manning Heights.

I shake my head and step into the room where I hear voices. The show must go on, and on it will.

I make no move to acknowledge anyone as I step up to the table. Pulling out an empty chair lazily and plopping down in it before looking at the food. The way in which no one else has started eating is a clear sign that I shouldn't start eating, but I choose to ignore that reaching forward and lifting a pancake off the stack and onto my plate.

Someone clears their throat and I wait another second or so before I turn to face Beckett's father and lift a brow.

"syrup?"

His face is growing red and he looks ready to jump across the table, but suddenly the women next to me reaches across the table.

"Oh yes! Here you are sweetie must be like a delicacy for you"

I grin back at her taking the syrup from her hands.

"oh yes...in all honesty I've never even had it before"

Her eyes practically bulge from her head and Beckett grunts across from me totally calling my bullshit, but I lay it on thick.

Taking a dramatic bite of my pancakes (now smothered in syrup) I moan loudly.

"Oooh my that is just delicious"

The women beside me beams clapping her hands.

"that's wonderful you like it! I'm so happy we could give you that experience"

I nod again and shovel more pancake in my mouth barely bothering to close my mouth between bites. Finally Beckett's dad coughs loudly.

"Enough. Let's have a nice meal, everyone go ahead. Jasper word of advice, next time wait until everyone is eating"

I shrug at him and grin a measly "whoops" my only response. Beckett kicks me under the table, but I give him no sort of reaction. Instead I just continue to eat my pancakes.

Beckett's Dad clears his throat attempting draw everyone's attention, but I of course only continue to eat.

"Jasper."

I lift a brow dropping my fork and letting it clatter against my plate loudly. A few people at the table physically flinch and I swear I see Beckett's fathers eye twitch. He swallows stiffly.

"If you could mind your manners for even a moment I'll introduce our guests"

I shrug knowing it'll bother him.

"Whatever"

The way his teeth grind only makes me smirk, but Beckett coughs and glares when I turn my attention to him. I simply roll my eyes not happy with him wanting to defend his father, the man who hurt him.

Beckett's dad speaks loudly, if I had to guess it was in hopes of drowning out any other disturbances I may try and cause.

"Well the Smiths have joined us for breakfast, on your left Selene and on your right their son Tyler and this here on the other side of Beckett is Mr.Smith or..."

"Wilson!"

The man jumps up to shake my hand and I note the way Beckett's dad narrows his eyes. Doesn't like to be interrupted does he?