Chapter 17 | Jasper

I get back to my room and lay on my bed staring at the ceiling.

Fucking Beckett.

I shake my head the boys got me hot and bothered all day everyday. I can't seem to get enough of his sounds or his touch. Touching Beckett, making him wither beneath me has quickly become one of my favourite pastimes.

I shake my head and stand I'm not turning into one of those saps that lays in bed and thinks about some boy, it's not happening. Instead I text Preston and tell him to show up with Maggie for a visit on Tuesday.

The text I get back makes me roll my eyes.

What's in it for me?

I sigh and send back the middle finger emoji before locking my phone deciding to just pack my shit to go to Beckett's lake house. I'm not mad at Beckett about the lake house bullshit, I know it's not his fault, but having to go isn't something I'm overly excited about either. Mostly because I don't want to see Beckett's dad. After finding out he beat him growing up I doubt I can hold myself back from punching him the moment I see him.

I sigh and toss a couple outfits into the bag along with my tooth brush and deodorant. As I'm finishing packing the bell rings for dinner and I grunt zipping my bag closed ans tossing it on my bed. I head down to the cafeteria and sit at our usual table surprised to find I'm the first one.

A couple minutes pass and suddenly a tray is dropped down across from me.

"it's your lucky day!"

I look up at Brody lifting a brow.

"why is that?"

He chuckles.

"I'm tagging along on this cottage adventure"

I'm surprised and lean back in my seat.

"Beckett didn't tell me that"

Brody shrugs.

"probably doesn't know yet, last minute thing; Derek worked it out"

I chuckle.

"it was last minute for me to and I'm not excited"

Brody shovels a forkful of pasta into his mouth before shrugging.

"at least we're getting out of this shit hole for the weekend"

I roll my eyes.

"yeah and we get to be surrounded by pretentious snobs instead"

"Ouch"

I turn finding Beckett and Derek behind me. Derek shakes his head continuing.

"Tell us how you really feel Jasper"

I shrug not taking back my words.

"not you guys...just your people"

Derek laughs.

"I was kidding we know better then anyone how insulting and rude the people of Manning Heights can be"

I nod and turn to Beckett who sighs.

"after dinner we'll head over to the lake house, 14 family's from Manning Heights have cottages on Lake Hanley, 10 will be there this weekend"

Brody shakes his head.

"damn we really are going to be surrounded"

I chuckle at that and Beckett rolls his eyes.

Derek looks to Beckett.

"the Hicksons are hosting their annual bonfire"

I furrow my brows at that.

"woah woah is this some kind of special weekend? Because I'll be dammed if I'm the fucking entertainment"