Chapter 48 | Beckett

I bite my lip turning the car off and looking over at Jasper.

"Hey"

He looks up from his phone where he was intensely playing Candy Crush on our ride back and tilts his head.

"What's up"

He's had this stupid little side smirk ever since I called him babe earlier today and I don't want to make it go away, but somehow I know this will.

"You know we can't be out here right?"

And there is goes. His lips drop and he furrows his brows.

"What?"

I sigh and lean my head back against the headrest closing my eyes. I don't want to see how disappointed and frustrated he's going to be.

"It's against school policy for a mentor to date a student, I can get into a lot of trouble and it could risk your scholarship"

He grunts "you think I give a fuck about my scholarship?"

I shake my head before lifting it and facing him again.

"You might not, but I do. And if you get kicked out everyday I'd be here and you wouldn't be right?"

I'm trying to reason with him, it's not like I want this either. It was so freeing after I told my mom. I felt like I could really be me, but I'm not letting this feel like new shackles. I can still be with Jasper, we just can't be a couple outside of our dorms.

"It's only until the end of the school year too, so you'll survive I'm sure"

Jasper crosses his arms and flops back in his seat pouting.

"It's bullshit"

I move my hand to his thigh and squeeze it comfortingly.

"I know, I'm sorry"

He rolls his eyes placing his hand over my own.

"I don't know why you're apologizing it's not like it's your fault Beck"

I shrug "I just feel like I'm taking something away from you"

He shakes his head.

"Are you breaking up with me?"

Immediately I shake my head.

"What?! No!"

He chuckles "then I think we're good babe"

I huff at him, he had me concerned, but at least he's taking it well.

"Let's go inside"

He shakes his head and squeezes my hand so I can't pull it away.

"No, one more second. I love you"

I smile blushing lightly. It still feels so unreal that Jasper loves me. That he's saying it out loud.

"I love you to"

He sighs and his eyes drop down to my lips.

"I want to kiss you"

I shake my head sadly "not here"

He groans and opens his door.

"This is gonna fucking suck"

I chuckle, but I agree. It was nice being able to be with each other whenever we wanted. However I'm also happy to be back at the school, have some semblance of normalcy back in my life. Routine and responsibility.

I tell Jasper to head up to his room and I go to Mr.Balton's office to inform him we're both back on campus.

"Beckett hello, how is Jasper?"