Chapter 14 | Beckett

When we get back to the school majority of the boys disperse and head to their rooms to unwind. I look around for Jasper briefly, but ultimately decide he must have went to his room and that I don't really want to see him anyway. Today was a lot, Freddie brought up things I hadn't even thought about telling Jasper about and now I don't know how to handle it. Not to mention Beth asking if I was a available, was I available? I feel a migraine even thinking about it. I cringe when I get close to my room and notice Jasper is standing outside the door.

He spots me immediately, I bite my lip there's no tuning back now. He doesn't say anything at first, but just waits quietly, watching me while I unlock the door. However, the minute the door shuts behind him he speaks.

"why the fuck does Freddie know about a scar of your hip?!"

I blink caught off guard "uh"

I bite my lip "it's not what you think"

He chuckles, but it's humourless and I know he's upset.

"it's not what I think? I fucking think I've asked you twice if you're fucking him and you said no, so either you're lying or there's another reason Freddie knows your body better then I do!"

I blink confused at his words he wants to know my body?

He sucks in a jagged breath and shakes his head.

"fuck"

I want to say something I just don't know what to say. I swallow stiffly, but he grunts.

"this is bullshit"

Hs turns to the door making my eyes widen. I don't want him to leave.

"it's from my dad!"

He pauses and turns "what?"

I bite my lip and look to the side not wanting to face him. Not wanting to look at him while I tell him about it.

"My dad cares a lot about appearances"

Jasper lifts a brow "I'm confused"

I sigh nodding because I'm not making sense. The only way I can think to help Jasper is to show him. I undo my pants and Jasper's eyes widen, but I hold up my hand before pulling down the top of my boxers and showing him the jagged scar. He steps toward me and reaches forward before pausing.

"shit. Can I?"

I nod and he slowly runs a finger across it making me shiver. I suck in a breath continuing my story.

"my dad beat me growing up"

Jasper growls "he did this?"

I nod.

"he..he never hit me and never left any marks where they could be seen. That's what I meant about appearances"

I pause taking a breath before continuing.

"Freddie's dad didn't care."

Jasper backs up.

"woah. Wait, Freddie's dad too?"

I nod.

"Freddie's dad was worse then mine, my dad cares about appearances Freddie's dad cares about control"

Jasper shakes his head "shit"

I nod and move back sitting on my bed.

"Freddie and I bonded because we understood each other. That's why he knows about my scar, he was the one who helped me after my dad whipped me so hard the belt buckle pierced my skin"