Chapter 43 | Jasper

I stood quickly when the officer walked back into the room and nodded at me.

"Someone's here to see you"

The only person I wanted to see was Beckett, but I figured it was more then likely my mom. I was surprised when it wasn't either of them. Instead it was some old guy I've never seen before in my life. I could tell he was rich and I decided right off the bat he must be here because of Beckett's dad.

"Jasper Collins?"

I nod watching him wearily and not bothering to respond. He grabs a chair next to him and pulls it over so he can sit across from me looking at me through the bars. He pulls one leg up onto his lap and places a notebook on it taking out a pencil.

"I'm Dino Finley, you're attorney"

My eye brows raise quickly because I've met with public attorneys before and he was not one.

"You don't look like a fucking public attorney"

This makes him chuckle, but he doesn't look up from his notebook just shakes his head.

"I'm not one, Beckett called me in"

I groan the second he says it because I don't need charity. As it is I caused this issue and now Beckett's trying to buy me a attorney? Suddenly it crosses my mind that Beckett's okay!

"He's okay?!"

I'm holding the bars now looking right at this man as he merely nods

"Looked fine to me, he's waiting for you...you had a whole fan club when I walked in"

I roll my eyes; that's embarrassing.

"Whatever, if Beckett's fucking father is paying for you I don't want it, so you can piss off"

He laughs and finally looks up pointing at me with his pen.

"You've got quite the mouth on you"

I shrug because I don't know what else I'm supposed to say to that, we both know it's true.

"Listen carefully, Mr.Harrison is a powerful man. He is pressing charges and without me you will go to jail. So smarten up and do what I say"

I'm surprised by his words, go to jail? I know I punched him, but I didn't hurt him that bad did I?

"Jail time?"

I don't mean to speak out loud, but I need to know. I can't do that to my mom, she won't handle it well if I go to jail.

"What do I need to do"

He sighs before meeting my eye.

"You have your statement?"

I nod watching the way he writes things down even when I haven't spoken.

"You'll get out tonight on bail, trial will be in three days"

I nod and he stands which has my eyes widening.

"Wait! That's it?! Whats happening? You don't have anything else to say?"

He sighs "Jasper, I'm going to be honest it's fairly black and white here. You did punch Mr.Harrison, all we need to do is prove you had a reason to"

I make a face because the only witnesses were Beckett, his mom, and Derek. I feel like I can rely on Derek, but I honestly don't know if Beckett will put me before his dad. Will he testify against him?

After Mr.Finley leaves I sit back down on the cold, hard bench and put my head in my hands just thinking. Staring at my shoes wondering what's going to happen. Jail?!