Chapter 6

Zecheriah's POV

It's been 4 days since the incident in the emergency room.

It's been a shock to Dean that I called him in the middle of the week to go for a drink because I'm simply bothered by what happened.

I couldn't even do my work, properly whenever I'm called to the emergency ward because some fuck up part of me keeps looking at the door every time it would open as if she will miraculously enter again.

So here I am running on a gloomy afternoon from my home to the central park, which took 15 minutes.

The music I was listening through my AirPods was interrupted by a phone call

"Doctor Valentine, speaking."

I hear a scoff through the phone, "Very posh."

"Serena," I said.

"Hello, brother. I came to tell you I'll be crashing at your place tomorrow," my sister said.

"And you only told me now?"

"Be grateful I told you rather than bursting in there like I originally planned," she answered.

"What are you going to do here anyway? You just got here 2 weeks ago," I said while decreasing my pace.

"You know the same old shit," I could hear her eyes roll.

"Alright, let me know what time you'll land. I'll pick you up from the airport. I'm off today and tomorrow."

Serena let out a yell of victory, "See, this is why you're my favorite brother."

It's my turn to roll my eyes, "I'm your only brother, Serena."

"Yeah, whatever. See you tomorrow, brutto anatroccolo (Italian: ugly duckling)," she spoke.

"Be safe, paperella, (Italian: little duck)" I hung up.

I glanced at my watch and saw the time. I have to go back or else I'll be late. Dean would set me up again on a date if I don't. He told me the time he made me go to his apartment after my shift last week.

I looked up to the sky and saw that it was about to rain.

Time to head back.

Dahlia's POV

"I'm really jealous of your view here," Coraline said while looking out the windows of my apartment in front of Central Park.

"You are one to talk, Ms. Penthouse," Emmett chastise.

Coraline sighed, "I don't even want to be there. I missed having to stay at a proper house."

"Lewis is rich. Ask him to buy one. I'm sure has houses here in New York, anyways," Emmett tilted his head.