Chapter 12

Dahlia's POV

Zecheriah and I walked out of the restaurant with him leading me to his car.

"Are you ok? You were breathing kinda ragged back there," He asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. Thank you," I replied.

He returned it with a smile as we reached his car. He stopped to open the passenger's door.

My eyes widened at his vehicle.

It was a white Acura NSX.

I let out a whistle as I tap the roof of it before going inside, "This is sexy. My brother always wanted one."

Zecheriah chuckled as he closed the door. When he got in, we strapped ourselves in.

"So what's the destination for today, Miss?"

"London Jewelers," I said.

"You know the address?" He asked.

"185 Greenwich Street Westfield World Trade Center," I recited.

He finds it in the GPS before he started driving.

Our 16-minute trip was full of comfortable silence with the soft tunes from the radio.

Zecheriah parked a street away since it was the only empty spot.

We got out of the car and walked until we reached the store.

"Oh, wow. You buying for fancy fancy," Zecheriah joked as we entered the shop.

I laughed, "My dad has a watch collection. When I finally had a job, my mom and brothers made a secret pact. Each year someone will buy him a watch. So, this year is my turn and first."

"You have siblings?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. I have 2 older brothers. One is my nemesis, the other is our referee. We have a running joke that I'm adopted. My eldest brother looks exactly like my father. He has blue eyes and dark hair while the other one is blonde and blue eyes too but looks like our mother. Then, there's me having wild blonde curls and hazel eyes with so many freckles."

"It's nice to see you again, Miss Hart," Cherry greeted.

"You too, Cherry," I said, smiling at her. "And I already told you to just call me Dahlia."

Cherry chuckled, shaking her head, "Compromise, Miss Dahlia."

"Are you here to pick up something for work, or...." then she trailed her eyes on Zecheriah, "buy something for your boyfriend?"

I chuckled, as I looked at the man beside me and back to Cherry while shaking my head, "He's not my boyfriend."

"My apologies, it's just that you look good together, so I assumed," she commented before introducing herself to Zecheriah. "My name is Cherry, I usually assist Miss Dahlia whenever she's here."

"She's the best," I added.

Cherry spoke, "I'm flattered."

"It's nice to meet you, Cherry. I'm Zecheriah," he smiled politely.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir. So, what can I help you today, Miss?" She intertwined her hands together.

"Oh, I'm here to look for a watch for my father," I said.

"Do you have any brand preference?" She asked.

"Hold on," I said before retrieving my phone in my bag. "I have to ask my siblings."

I stepped away from a little as I dialed Eldritch, "What watch does dad do not have, again?"

My brother scoffed, "How am I supposed to know?"