Chapter 17

Zecheriah's POV

"Sì, sarò a casa per una settimana, (Italian: Yes, I'll be home for a week)" I spoke to Serena on the phone while making my way through the busy streets of New York.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" A man I bumped into said.

"My apologies," I said, continuing to walk.

"Are you sure I'm talking to my brother? And why is it so noisy?" My sister replied.

"Yes. I'm your brother, and for your information, I am walking," I answered, stopping to wait for the pedestrian light to go green.

"You have a car," she insisted.

"Dahlia said there's no parking nearby where I'm going at. So, I have to park a few blocks away."

Serena asked with a suggestive tone, "And where are you going with Dahlia?"

I rolled my eyes and began walking as the cars stopped, "Alexander Wang show. One of her friends is walking on the runway."

My sister let out a gasped and shrieked, which caused me to wince and pull the phone away from my ear and letting out a "Fanculo.(Italian: Fuck)"

"No, way!" She screamed.

"What's wrong with you?" I hissed.

"With me? What's wrong with you? First, you're taking a 2-week vacation, and then now you're attending fashion shows on NYFW. And might I add, a fashion show I haven't even gone to yet!" she exclaimed. "You totally like Dahlia."

"She's a friend, Serena," I emphasized before my phone buzzed, saying another call is incoming.

"I have to go, Serena," I said my goodbyes.

"Friend my ass. Don't forget to use protection!" She said, hanging up on me before I could even scold her.

I accepted the call, "Hello?"

"Hi, Zeke. This is Dahlia. Did you find your way?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm here now. Where are you?" I said, looking over the crowd for a blonde curled woman.

"Are you the one in a furry coat with a brown turtleneck, dark pants, and shoes?" She said through the phone.

I looked down at my outfit, "Yeah, I am."

She chuckled, "Zeke, I'm literally in front of you

She chuckled, "Zeke, I'm literally in front of you."

I glance upwards and saw her from a distance. I hang up the phone, walking towards her.

"You tied your hair. I was looking for the infamous curls," I said.

She shrugged while handing me a big envelope, "I don't have time to bother with them today. Here's your invitation."