Chapter 18

Dahlia's POV

"And that's all for the interview," I said while pressing the recording off. "Thank you so much, Alexander."

I looked at the time on my phone. It was 30 minutes before the show.

"Anyways, I'll leave you to prepare for the show."

Zecheriah stood up on the couch, and I made my way to him.

"Well, I hope you both enjoy the show," Alexander said with a smile as he both hugged us each.

"Remember, Zecheriah. If you plan to change your career," he wiggled his brows at him.

"I definitely will remember," Zecheriah chuckled.

We left the room and were met by the bustling people backstage.

I heard a low whistle from the man beside me, "Holy shit."

"I told you," I looked up at him before walking off backstage. My phone beeped on my hands. It was a message from Coraline.

Coraline: Saw where Dean was seated. Reserved two seats on the front row for you and Z <3

"Coraline said she's with Dean at the front row," I told Zecheriah.

"Yeah, Dean texted me too when he got here. Let's go find them."

When we got out of backstage, we looked over the crowd, who were trying to get on their seats. As busy as I am looking for them, I felt both hands clamped on my shoulders softly.

"Walk," the deep voice of a certain doctor behind me said.

I let him direct me from behind until we reached our seats and saw Coraline and Dean.

"Wow, you look nice," Coraline said while Dean let out a whistle, "You both look good."

I blushed then felt hands on my shoulder fall. "Thank you," Zecheriah replied.

"I love your outfits," I said giddily.

"Come on, seat down," Coraline tugged me down while Zecheriah sat beside me and Dean beside him.

"This is mad," Dean excitedly commented as he looked at people trying to find the best seat.

Zecheriah scoffed, "You should see what's behind that wall."

As the room started to get full of people, my anxiety spiked instantly.

This is one thing I struggle with within my job.

The crowd.

That's why I had to get out of the backstage earlier fast.

"Hey, you okay?" Coraline spoke softly beside me.

"Yeah," I said, giving her a tight-lipped smile.

"I got you both water earlier," she handed me a bottle.

I immediately opened it and drank it. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my heart rate.

God, when will this stop?

"Hey," I heard Zecheriah whispered beside me.

"Dean, let's go see Emmett," Coraline said, taking him. She knew how much I hated people seeing me like this or cry.

"It's okay. Can I touch your hand?" Zecheriah asked.

I nodded with my eyes closed. I felt the warmth on my right hand consume me. "Take deep breaths. I'm going to sing a rhyme, and you let your breath follow the rhythm.