Chapter 7

Dahlia's POV

"Are you sure you're going to be fine here?" I asked Coraline as I prepare myself to go to work.

"Yeah," she smiled weakly on my couch. She has been crying since Friday night. And now it's Monday.

I sigh sadly and walked over to the couch to hug her.

"I'm not sure what to say right now," I admitted.

Coraline chuckled as she wipes a tear, "It's okay. Thank you for being here and letting me crash here in your place."

"Shhh. That's what friends are for."

"Emmett will be getting my stuff from Lewis'. I don't have the strength to see him at the moment," she started to cry again.

For 5 minutes, I just let her cry on my shoulders.

I was supposed to have dinner with my family on Saturday, but I told them that Coraline needed me. They understood and said we can move it tonight.

Half of me was also wishing that if I canceled, my dad would let the ticket issue go. But sadly, my demon of brother Eldritch kept reminding our dad.

This was his revenge for making him go on a date with Jacqueline so she could say yes to the shoot which she canceled.

Coraline sniffed, pulling away from me, "I'm sorry. You're going to be late for work."

"That's okay. But I should get going. Call me if you need anything, alright?"

She nodded and sighed, "How did we come to this."

And I wish I could give her an answer but I couldn't.

"I don't know, babe. I don't know." With the last hug, I left to drive for work.

As soon as I got inside my office, I buried myself to work. When I looked at my clock, it has been 3 hours since I got here.

"Miss Hart, where do you want to put these?" asked an intern who entered my office.

"Please put it in the corner. Thank you," I smiled politely and went back to fixing the papers on my desk.

Another knock came on my door. "Come in," I said.

It was Lisa. "Miss Hart, the interview is ready. Miss Serena is also here."

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute."

I grabbed the stuff that I needed to supervise the interview.

When I entered, I saw the woman of the hour.

"Miss Serena, I am Dahlia Hart, the managing director of Vogue. It's a pleasure to meet you, and thank you for coming on such short notice," I greeted with a smile and offered my hand to shake.

The woman smiled and shook my hand, "The pleasure is all mine, Miss Hart. Thank you for also having me."

"You can call me Dahlia."

She chuckled, "Call me, Serena. Might I say you look really pretty?"

 Might I say you look really pretty?"