[35] Date Tech

Izumi: i may or may not have gotten the courts wrong but it is too late for me to care

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

The team was standing outside the entrance for their court, Court B. In the distance, they can see Shiratorizawa in front of the entrance for Court A.

"Are you guys ready?"

On with Chapter 35:

3RD PERSON POV

The first day had passed with Seijoh's win against Niiyama Tech. They had taken both sets with both having a score of 25-20.

Since that was the only match for the day, the team quickly went back home to rest and prepare for the next day.

They had 2 matches that day, their first match being against the famed Iron Wall, Date Tech.

Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go! Dateko!

Ike! Ike, Ike, Ike, Ike, Seijoh!

Both schools were enthusiastically cheering for their teams with their megaphones and noisemakers from the stands as the players walked onto the court.

Deciding to warm up first, the players pushed a couple of volleyball carts onto the court while the managers placed the water bottles on the bench before helping collect the spiked balls around the court.

"(L/n)-san." (Y/n) turned around and was greeted with a tall brunette. "Ah, Futakuchi-kun. What's up?" she greeted him casually. "Except the stress of teaching the new first year, nothing much." he replied. "What about you?"

"Well, if you exclude needing to watch over the team 24/7, I'd say my life has been the usual, boring." the two laughed at each other's indirect insults to their own teams before starting an actual conversation.

...

The 2 captains gathered by the referee to determine who will serve first and to formally start the match.

(Y/n) had already went up to the spectators' stand with the cheer squad since it was Amako's turn to be on the court.

"Let's play!" Oikawa said while shaking Futakuchi's hand. "Yeah..." the other captain responded unenthusiastically.

"Now, now. Don't be so tense. You guys still have next year." Futakuchi furrowed his eyebrows. "That doesn't matter. Positions and such don't matter once you're on the court." he tried to argue to the third year, but the latter ended up agreeing to his words instead which resulted in Futakuchi to be more provoked.

The referee butted in to decide who would serve first. "Heads is Seijoh, Tails is Date Tech." he stated before tossing the coin up.

...

"Nice, Hiro!" (Y/n) exclaimed when he managed to score with a feint. The first set went by fast as Seijoh had won with a score of 25-19. Currently, they were leading in the second set with the score being 9-7.

(Y/n)'s gaze went up to the stands and noticed that Karasuno and the Date Tech third years were there too. 'When did they arrive?' she thought since the last time she looked in that direction, the seats were empty.

'Should I...' (Y/n) was thinking if she should move to their side of the stands since she did not appreciate the loudness of the cheer team, until she remembered what happened the last time she went to another school's team during Seijoh's match. 'Ah, nevermind.'

She reverted her attention back to the court to see Date Tech's tall setter toss the ball to his captain.

"Woah, that's high." (Y/n) commented amazedly and watched as the ball was falling towards Futakuchi, who had jumped and was in the position to spike.

Although, it seemed that his jump and the toss were not synchronized at all since he spiked the ball and it ended up landing on their court anyway.

"..."

...

The next time Koganegawa tossed the ball, it was towards Aone.

Even when standing at the height of 192cm, his hand managed to miss the spike as the ball went over him and into the coach's hands instead.

A "cough" suddenly crawled up the (h/c-ette)'s throat and it caught Kaneo's attention. "(L/n), are you okay?" he asked with concern since she seemed to be fine until a few seconds ago.

"cough Yeah. cough Yeah, I'm good." (Y/n) reassured, but her voice cracked at some point, which did not convince Kaneo at all, especially when he saw her shoulders shaking.

"Are you sure? Are you feeling cold? Do you need some water?" he picked up a spare water bottle provided by the school and handed it to the manager, who gratefully accepted it before taking a few sips.

"Yeah.. thanks."

...

"Issei, nice serve!" (Y/n) cheered after recovering from her small fit.

Matsukawa threw the ball up and served the ball over. Onagawa received and passed to Koganegawa. The tall setter then jumped and got ready to toss the ball, or so it seemed.

He dumped the ball to Seijoh's court, but Hanamaki was able to save it because it was quite obvious.

The rally went on between the two teams until Hanamaki tossed the ball towards Oikawa.

Oikawa jumped and aimed for the open spot beside Date Tech's blockers - Aone and Futakuchi. As he swung his arm down to spike, Koganegawa ran from the other side of the court and jumped with his arms raised to block the ball.

Oikawa didn't have time to react and his spike ended up getting blocked by the tall setter himself.

"What the.." even (Y/n) herself was shocked despite having a bigger view of the court.

Meanwhile, on Date Tech's side of the court, due to Koganegawa's momentum from running and jumping, he ended up crashing into Aone, who crashed into Futakuchi, who fell onto the floor after landing.

"Ah.." (Y/n) sighed, "looks like we're up against another annoying team.."

=================

extra info:

- i like how most people (readers + writers) are like "seijoh love love their manager 😊💖😳🥰 " or "seijoh would be very affectionate with their manager 🥰😍😝", but here i write things like them threatening each other everyday.

someday i'll write a scene of y/n drop kicking someone

- koganegawa - amako interaction would be cute

- what happened the last time y/n went to another team's match?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: um yeah filler sorry i will do my best to write the next chapter as quick as i can hdjakdkwk

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※