[37] The End..?

Izumi: theres more dont worry

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Captains."

The two captains gathered by the referee and shook hands with each other and chatted for a bit before deciding who will start the match.

"Tails is Aoba Johsai, Heads is Karasuno."

The coin flipped and landed on Heads.

"We'll receive first." Daichi said with determination in his face.

"Then, we'll serve first." Oikawa returned the determination.

On with Chapter 37:

3RD PERSON POV

"We...lost?" (Y/n) muttered after the final point was scored.

Karasuno - Aoba Johsai

26 - [3] - 24

Both teams had won one set each, but the third set was taken by their opponents, making them the victor.

"Thank you for the game!" the teams stood at the ends of the court and greeted each other before moving to their respective benches to meet their coaches and manager.

"Say what you will, but the results are what you see. There's no way your disappointment will subside." Coach Irihata said. "I'm sure there are even some plays you regret. With that in mind, let me just say something." he paused to take a deep inhale.

"You fought well."

And with that, the Aoba Johsai players started to tear up at the fact that they had lost during the semifinals.

Coach Irihata gave them a few seconds before turning to their manager. "Anything to say, (L/n)?" the (h/c-ette) herself was upset at the lost. It wasn't the first lost, but it was the first time they didn't make it to the Finals.

"For all the three years I've been in Aoba Johsai, this year was my favourite." she started, "This team is honestly my favourite although most of us haven't known each other for long. But.." she bowed to the team, "thank you for the three years!"

As if the coach's words weren't enough, the manager's words definitely reached somewhere deep in their hearts.

"(Y/n)!" some of the players began to run towards her and practically tackled her into a hug, and soon, others slowly joined in.

"Let's go greet the people in the stands." Oikawa said and they let go from the group hug before heading to where the cheer team was.

Iwaizumi stopped walking halfway to wipe away his tears. Oikawa, who was walking slightly behind him, smacked his back as he walked passed.

Followed by Hanamaki.

Followed by Matsukawa.

And when they went back to the bench to collect their bags, (Y/n) placed her hand gently on his back and guided him out of the gym with the others.

"You guys were awesome!" Yuda came running from the stands and was crying to his teammates. "You were so strong! You guys basically won! You won!"

"Yuda, what are you talking about?" "Calm down!" two other members pulled Yuda back by his arms. However, he managed to escape and grab hold of Iwaizumi anyways.

"Hajime!" he exclaimed as he ruffled the Ace's hair with his two hands.

"Man.. seeing Yudacchi seriously calms me down." "Yeah.."