[24] First Match

Izumi: i just realized i was supposed to read 91 days for mafia references but instead i spent the month reading jojo's bizarre adventures. Im at part 6 now btw.

And lemme tell you, so far my favourite jojo is joseph and i am this 🤏 close to writing a jjba fanfic goddamit

update: ive started writing a plot

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Amako, let's go back now. Sorry to keep you waiting." she apologized before saying goodbye to the two setters and walked away with her junior and the filled water bottles.

She suddenly stopped in her tracks a few steps away and turned back towards the boys. Taking large strides, she stopped in front of her boyfriend, cupped his face and brought him to her height.

"Chu~"

Semi's face became very red. "Good luck, Eita." (Y/n) wished before going back to Amako and pulled her away.

Even when their figures are gone from sight, Semi was still staring at the direction they went. Honestly, he was still processing about the good luck kiss he had just received.

"...Semi-san, are you okay?"

"Yeah..very.."

On with Chapter 24:

3RD PERSON POV

Currently, Karasuno was playing against Dateko.

Kamasaki from Dateko served the ball and it hit the net before falling towards Karasuno's side. Nishinoya dived to save the ball but it was passed backwards.

Kageyama ran towards the back of the court and managed to set a quick towards HInata, who then scored for the team.

As usual, their freak quick shocked the players and coaches of the opponents and Dateko called a timeout.

Meanwhile, Seijoh was waiting for their match to start by sitting at a bench in the next court.

"Karasuno's #10 is amazing. How can he hit a toss like that?" someone from the stands said and Iwaizumi heard him. "The setter is the amazing one for being able to hit a toss like that." he said to himself mostly, but Oikawa, who was sitting beside him, heard him. "Hmph."

"Who wouldn't expect an incredible technique like that? We certainly didn't, at first." Hanamaki commented.

At the same time, their managers finally came back from the water fountain. (Y/n) was looking delighted with sparkles animatedly around her while Amako was looking slightly flustered with a tint of red on the cheeks.

While (Y/n) and Semi were having their moment before leaving, Shirabu looked at Amako and gave her a small smile and nod as a farewell. And that caught her off guard and for some reason reached far deep in her soul.

Oikawa was the first to notice their presence and noticed their change in behaviour compared to before they left. "Why does (N/n) look so happy?" Oikawa questioned and now the entire Seijoh team was looking. "And why is Amako-chan blushing?"

Before Seijoh could even ask (interrogate) them about it, the coaches called them for warm ups.

The players started with simply peppering the ball to each other while the managers acted as the ball boys, gathering the balls that rolled away or bounced too far.

At one point, a ball rolled from the opponent's, Omisaki's, side and hit Amako's feet. She felt the bump, looked down and picked up the ball.

"Ah, thank you. Sorry about that." an Omisaki player apologized as he jogged towards her to retrieve back the ball.. "Say, as an apology, how about I-" "Takahashi."

Both of them turned towards the voice to see Kunimi and Kindaichi looking at them with a stern look, more like glare at the male that was with their manager.

"We're going to practice spiking now." Kindaichi informed her and she nodded before walking towards them, without sparing a glance at the Omisaki player.

The Seijoh players then left the Omisaki player alone with the ball and slight fear behind.

...

Oikawa and Yahaba positioned themselves in front of the net and set to the other players who will then spike it.

"As expected, Karauno's scary when they get on a roll. They might take the second set if they keep it up." Coach Mizoguchi commented when he saw Karasuno score another point against Dateko. 

"But I doubt we'll see a repeat of that first set." Coach Irihata commented. Meanwhile, Coach Mizoguchi was scolding Kunimi for not putting enough effort to move around the court fast enough.

"It's okay, Akira. You continue doing what you're doing. You know what you're doing." (Y/n) reassured the boy, who honestly got slightly intimidated by the coach.

But after the reassurance that was given to him by the manager, he suddenly felt more motivated to do well in the upcoming match, without showing it of course.

Throughout the warm ups, (Y/n) partially focused on the court next to them, which still held the Karasuno vs Dateko match. 

"Toss to me!" "Bring it!" she kept hearing those same phrases from Hinata throughout the match and couldn't help but to think that something was suspicious, considering that the two phrases had been his vocabulary this entire time.

Looking over at the other court, Hinata so happened to shout one of those phrases at that moment.

"Toss to me!" he shouted but the ball was set to another player instead, and they earned a point. Not long after, she heard him exclaim "Bring it." before hitting the ball over.

"Oh?"

=================

extra info:

- ok so amako might get together with someone 👉👈 not from seijoh tho lol.

---- zoegrace345 your comment actually really did NOT shift my ideas because i had none in the first place LMAO.

-------- but instead i asked amako irl and she gave me 2 options and lemme tell you i didnt expect the answers

- ig i should explain how i decided which class amako belongs to (1-1):

i asked amako who she shared a brain cell with - she said bokuto (who is from 3-1). ta-da

- now we need a 2nd year manager for the 2nd years to protecc.

jk im not making one

or am i

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: i attended the SEVENTEEN online concert - IN-COMPLETE and it was beautiful

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※