03

Atreus' POV

"Sir you have a visitor." My assistant said to me sticking his head in the small space of my opened door.

"Thank you." I said to him standing from my chair and grabbing my jacket from the back of the chair.

Walking into the waiting area I see Ms. Verlice standing by the receptionist typing away on her phone. She wore a long sleeve black turtleneck, diamond chains around her neck and black shades hanging from the neck line. Light blue jeans that were rolled up slightly at the ankles with black heel.

"Ms. Verlice, I was wondering when you would come." I said to her holding my hand out in greeting.

She shook it firmly pushing her phone into her back pockets while pushing her medium length dark brown hair away from her face.

"My schedule was tight, I have an hour until my flight back to Germany." She said, looking at her expensive Audemars Piguet watch on her wrist.

"Well come along." I said to her leading her throw the top floor, naming the rooms. We were 9 stories high so by the time we were finished she had at least 10 minutes to reach the airport.

"When is your next race?" I asked, pressing the buttons for the elevator.

"Sunday, in Greece."

As the elevator opened my eyes lock with my mother's. I follow Ms. Verlice in the elevator as this was the 4 floor and I wanted to go back to the top.

"Mother have you met Ms. Verlice?" I asked gesturing to her.

"No I don't think I have."

"Verlice." She said holding her hand out.

"Castro." My mother answered her, holding her gaze, her tattooed fingers flexing around her hand visibly.

Ms. Verlice made no show of pain or discomfort as she held my mother's hand and kept eye contact.

"Well it was nice to meet you." My mother said to her calmly, letting go of her hand.

"Likewise." She replied turning to the elevator doors as they opened on the bottom floor.

She walked out gracefully pulling her shades from her neck line and onto her face noticing the raging paparazzi outside.

"Dariya Verlice, in the flesh." My mother said watching her until the elevator doors closed.

"Why do you say it like that?" I asked looking to her.

"No reason." She answered her eyes locking with mine.

I hum at her watching the numbers that slowly ticked by as we climbed to the top floor.

"I have to go to Greece this weekend, would you all like to come as well?" I asked my mother, slackening my tie around my neck, annoyed by the restriction.

"For what?" She asked me.

"For a Formula 1 race." My answer told her all that she had to know.

"Hmm, I'll have to ask your sisters but your father and I will be there." She answered stepping in front of me and straightening my tie once again.

"Mom-" I whine reaching for the tie, before she grabbed my wrist tightly holding eye contact, daring me to object.

I sighed loudly in defeat, sliding my hands into my trouser pockets.

"There's no beauty without pain." She said seriously as she smoothened out my lapels.

"Yes, Yes I know." I said exasperated.