09

Atreus' POV

The soft orange hue fell over the sky as I walked into the house, grinning. Hands in my pockets, I trailed through the house aimlessly, thinking of my day.

“You look happy.” Odessa said as I walked into the living room where my family sat in a circle around the coffee table.

“Did you get laid?" Galina asked enthusiastically, almost shaking in anticipation for my response.

“No, I didn't get laid.” I answer her, cocking a brow at her very weird question.

“You’re so boring.” She said exasperated, her attention going back to the poker game that they looked to be in the heat of.

Sitting in the open space next to Vera, I looked to the cards she had. We really had nothing else to do and my parents wanted us to just be together and relax until we had to go back to New York.

We would be going back to America while Dariya would be going back Germany. I would have to wait an entire two weeks until I saw her again and that was entirely too long.

“Here.” Vera said to me, through her phone carelessly into my lap.

“You get distracted easily so I’m sure you didn’t get her number.” She said, answering my confused look.

I groaned as it hit me, I really didn’t ask for her number. I was so caught up in the moment.

“You disappoint me brother, I knew you were a novice with this but I didn’t know you were this bad.” Galina said to me, shaking her head.

Ignoring her I said, “I can’t do that, maybe I should ask her myself. What if she doesn’t want to give it to me in the first place?” Resting her phone on the table. 

“If so then she won’t answer your messages.” Odessa said, picking up Vera's phone and sending the number to my phone.

“There, then you have someone to blame.” She grinned at me.

"Did you do what I told you son?" Dad asked me, distracted as he tried to read Galina's poker face.

“Yes, I did, I guess she liked it because she didn't comment on it.”

“Where did you take her?” He asked, groaning loudly as my mother went all in with a royal flush.

"We had lunch and then I took her to play hockey with me." I said smiling widely.

"It's so cute that it's disgusting." Vera said beside me, scowling.

"Whatever you say Stick up Ass." I said, whispering the last part to myself.

"Oh!" I groan loudly hunching over in pain.

"Vera!" Mom scolded though there was a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"He has to give me grand babies." She finished, her eyes filled with amusement.

Vera smirked at her comment before, hitting my shoulder with hers and said, “Help me.”

Wincing slightly, I nod in defeat looking to the cards that she had.

-

The loud ringing of my phone woke me from my dream filled sleep. Searching for the phone on my bed, I huffed raising my head to look at the screen.

“Hello?” I asked after seeing an unknown number.

“Did I wake you up?” The person my mind was just lost on asked.

“Dariya? How did you get my number?” I asked, pushing my messy hair away from my face as I sat up.