Epilogue

A T R E U S

Two months later

Looking out at the calm ocean, I thought of the last few months that changed by life and the next months and years upcoming that will only bring thriving possibilities. If the beautiful woman I now called my own hadn't carelessly signed that contract the first time we met then I don't think we would've been here, together.

Dariya was at my side as we walked across the surf, feet being washed of the sand by the constant foamy water. I looked down at her and she met my stare with a smile.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I questioned, looking back out at the water, keeping my cool.

"It won't be a secret anymore if you tell me." I smiled taking that as a yes.

The season had just ended and after her big win of becoming the world champion I flew us out to this island off the coast of Belize. It was up for sale and well it no longer is. This was our little vacation, alone and secluded with enough time to just enjoy each other.

"I...I was going to propose to you yesterday after you won. Didn't because I wanted you to have your time to soak up your accomplishment without me tainting that with my proposal and taking the spotlight off what's important." I admitted smoothly and like I hoped my tone made her take a moment to register my words.

"Was?" Our steps continued as she questioned.

"Yeah, and again when we landed but you were so set on getting me naked." I teased, licking my lips at the remembrance of our events that ran straight into the morning. Only a few hours ago did we come out of the tangle of our sheets and euphoric high.

"You can't blame me." She shot back, eyes flicking down to my shirtless torso and low hanging white board shorts on my hips.

"I know you have no other choice but to be addicted and I really just thought you should know what was going through my head when you mounted me." She scoffed at my words playfully with a soft laugh.

We carried on quietly, not saying anything else.

It all ended when she spoke up though, "So we aren't going to mention the fact that you just told me that you want to marry me?"

I shrugged, "I thought I made that clear all the time."

"Atreus, you're not being serious right?" She questioned finally showing her confusion over my nonchalant attitude.

"So very serious darling." I answered almost absentmindedly and that made her groan. She gripped my arm and stopped me in my tracks.

"Does that bother you?" I asked furrowing my brows to set her off some more.

"Does that bother me?" She asked in mock disbelief.

"Does a bird have wings Atreus?"

"Well, they do but most can't use‐" Her hand clamped over my mouth and she scowled at my technicality. I laughed behind her hand and licked it for her to move it.

"No listen to me first, you literally just told me that you want to marry me so very plainly. That just makes it seem like getting married isn't as important to you as it is to me." She ranted on, pulling her hand away to comb back her hair in frustration.

My lips part to speak but she cuts me off with a quick finger to my lips.

"And here I'll be the joyous girlfriend bouncing at the thought of us getting married and you're just doing it‐"

I placed my finger on her lip instead to stop her words short. Keeping eye contact, I went down on one knee and reached into my pocket for the navy-blue velvet box that I had been playing with all morning while watching her sleep.

With an amused laugh, I said, "I only wanted to see if you wanted this as much as me Dariya and you do obviously." I opened the box as I said that, showing her the ring I picked out after much deliberation and request of rectification from the jeweller.

Her eyes flicked to it and her smile became shaky so she bit down on her lip.

"And also take away from all the nervousness because I already told you..." I stopped and shook my head with a concealed nervous blush.

"You changed my life for the better and I don't want to ever be without you. You are my everything, my partner till the end, us together against the world." With a deep breath, I reached for her hand gently and managing to hide my nervous shake.

"Will you, Dariya Rune Verlice, marry me and save me from having a nervous breakdown?" She laughed in sheer disbelief, emotion all over as she nodded and at the same time shook her head as if trying to question reality.

"Yes, why are you even nervous, as much yeses as our bank accounts combined." She joked with a gleeful laugh. I smiled and slipped the diamond and white gold ring on her finger.

"That is a lot." I muttered softly and before I could continue her lips were sealed over mine. Smiling into the kiss, I held her waist as I stood back up.

As she jumped on me, I laughed dazed with happiness. I held her close, everything else forgotten as I held the love of my life and my future wife. I expressed everything through the kiss.

"Be honest, did you buy this island Atreus?" I smiled at her question that came out of the blue as she pulled back.

"Yes fiancé, it's ours now."

Her smile was ear splitting and contagious, "I like that...fiancée."

I bit my lip and turned on my heel walking back to our curtained cabana with intentions to make her scream my new favourite name...well until it turns to husband.