22

Atreus' POV

"We're here!" My aunt exclaimed loudly throughout the house, the loud pitter patter of feet on the marble floors reaching our ears in the kitchen. My father gave me the bowl of cake batter, giving up his job.

It was the weekend now and our schedule family day. Everyone would be here, well besides Aria who was in Spain with her parents.

"Atrea!" My youngest cousin, Kai screamed running up to me excitedly. His curly black hair flopped around as he jumped asking for me to pick him up.

"You're getting so big Kai." I said in shock, resting him on my hip.

"Of course I am, I'm 4 now." He said holding up four finger up. With his other hand he held down his thumb to his palm, showing it off proudly.

"Please don't run off like that Kai." My aunt scolded walking in with a bubbly Audenzia on her tail. Audenzia was her first child and daughter, the second to last cousin of the family.

"Sorry momma." he said enthusiastically, his honey brown eyes searching everything in the room. He grinned at a impassive Vera, waving excitedly, she cracked a small smile her dimples on show as she waved back.

"My favourite niece." My mother gushed, hugging Audenzia and smothering her with kisses.

"Tickles- stop!" She screamed loudly, laughing at the same time.

"That's very offensive." Imani commented as she walked into the kitchen, her parents trailing not to far behind. Imani was Uncle Beau and Jeremy's adopted daughter.

"You know I love you too Imani, but you never enjoy my kisses anymore." My mother said to her, ruffling her black hair only to provoke her.

"Let me help you away from those torturous kisses Dezy." Imani said, taking Audenzia who went willingly away from my mother.

"You fucking left me Odessa!" Odessa burst out laughing as a devilish looking Kyra stomped into the kitchen.

"Your always commenting on how much I owe the swear jar, how much do owe Kyra?" Galina said. Her mouth clamped shut then.

"Too much."

"What happened to you?" Carmen questioned as she scanned her.

"Your cousin left me asleep on the lounge chair and the sun burnt me to a crisp." She exclaimed as she fell into the bar stool.

"Do you want-"

"No Odessa, I don't want the fucking blunt." Odessa hunched over laughing hysterically at her frustration. Kyra was basically another extension to our family of six, she was either always at this house or where she actually lived in Vera's and Odessa's mafia house. She was basically our sister from another mother... and father. She had just came back from her trip to England and was well reacquainted it seemed.

Galina made the sound of a cash register with her mouth, indicating that her total was only increasing.

"You keep cursing in front of the children." My mother scolded as she offered to rub her arms with the aloe she pulled out from thin air.