...fairy good time.

AHT! AHT! AHT!

Fuck! I have got to change that alarm.

I groan and roll out my bed.

Getting up at 6 am on a Saturday is a cardinal sin and you can debate with your mirror on that.

As I lay in my bed, the butterflies in my stomach grow out of excitement.

It's been a while since I have felt pure, childlike, joy and I am incredibly excited to spend my day in Disneyland.

I roll out of bed and stumble into my bathroom. In the darkness I turn on the water to my shower and let it run until the water feels warm.

I rub my eyes, undress, and spray my Sunkist Morning spray to fill the moist air with a peaceful aroma.

As I step into the warm water, the dark room gets the best of me and I drift off into deep thought.

*flashback*

Today's halfday was pretty good. I spent the entire bus ride home flirting with Don. The cutest guy in 7th grade.

He always has this way of making me feel less...weird.

I walk up the steps to our townhome and I breathe in the Florida air. A lizard runs across my feet and I smile.

I'm so excited for spring break.

My dad promised we would hit the beach and that I could even help out in the restaurant. Typically, most kids would hate working in their parent's restaurant, but I always loved it there. Plus, the cute older boys always babied me like a little brother.

I opened up the door as a vine notification goes off on my phone. I'll scroll through vine later when I have time.

I approach my room door when I hear some interesting sounds from down the hallway.

Oh God.

A million thoughts begin to race through my head.

What if there's a burglar in the house? What if someone is here to kidnap me?!

An intense fear I have never felt a day before in my life spreads throughout my chest causing it to grow heavy.

It feels as though in an instant my soul was snatched out of my body looking down from above.

"Go see what's going on Duzey, just a peak, and then you can run." A voice whispers in my head.

I slowly approach the room and hear moans.

Moans getting louder and louder.

What? Neither of my parents should be home.

Oh hell no.

I run to the front of the house and grab rodent spray and my old baseball bat.

If two hooligans broke in and are having sex in my house, they are about to meet spray to the eyes, a baseball bat to the parts, and a 7th grader of pure fury.

I nudge on the door to reveal a heartbreaking truth:

My father having having sex with a woman.

A woman who is not my mother.

The bat drops to the floor as I hear the front door open downstairs.

"Duzey, you home?" I hear my mom shout.

I snap back to reality as I feel the water turn slightly cold.