anxiety is a beast.

He's looking at me.

Him and his boyish smile spotted me dancing and is now staring at me.

Everything has gone in slow motion. The cherry flavored liquid in my cup has burned my throat numb and now every sense of mine is heightened.

He waves me over to him.

Fuck.

I look away to find that DMO guy looking directly at me like a lion protecting his cub.

Don't cross DMO, noted.

I look back at Melo who waves me over towards him. Well here goes nothing.

I stumble my way across the hot party and slowly make my towards him. I ditched Brian about an hour ago and got lost in the crowd dancing with some of the cheerleaders. I literally have no problem throwing it back on a girl but as soon as a guy walked over I backed off.

Bitch, no wonder why I'm single.

It's about 3 am and I'm tipsy. My mom is going to kill me but it's too late now.

I finally make my way in front of Melo and butterflies fill my stomach. Either that or puke.

"I didn't know you came tonight." He yells into my ear over the loud music.

"Yeah! I wasn't gonna come but-"

"Damn." He says chuckling and cutting me off. "I wasn't worth the great Meduze's time?"

"But," I say finishing my previous sentence. "It was over a stupid reason and I'm happy to be here now."

"Okay." He says flashing me his million dollar smile. "You know you missed the freshman-"

"Prank." I state cutting him off this time. "Trust me. I know." I say laughing.

"Oh shit this is my song! Dance with me bro!" Melo shouts as Aston Martin Music blares through the speakers.

"Bro?" 

Yeah...Jordan is overreacting. This man is straight straight.

Chrisette Michelle's voice fills the speakers and my head.

Riding to the music, this is how we do it, all night.

Melo puts his hands up and out towards me as he does a cute two step.

Clearly he isn't much of a dancer, but he does know how to party.

I step over to the wall and dance next to him.

He leans over to me. "I'm dumb high right now."

"Lol I can tell!" I say grinning.

"I wish you would have told me you were coming. I would have asked you to kick it with us before the party."

"I'm thankful for the ges- gestu-"

Fuck this alcohol.

"Thanks bro but you barely know me." I say in frustration at my slurring words.

"I can get to." He replies.

"Wh-"

Suddenly I'm cut off by the football players chanting "Let's go huskies, the mighty mighty huskies!"

Bad timing, huskies.

My phone vibrates.

B:
I'm leaving. I'm taking you home. You can't drive drunk.

I'm not drunk. I'm tipsy.

I can drive home.

I'm not letting you.